Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

pandaking,

When your switching BIOS versions on the DFI boards the way to actually tell what BIOS your using is in the lower left hand corner of the bootup screen. There will be a date followed by a fairly large code of numbers. I have switched my BIOS many times and it also always says v6.00PG so there is a good chance you actualy have been flashing successfully and you just didnt' know! Good luck, keep us posted!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pandaking

Doh! :P

I also thaough it had not worked because I went into CPUz and it still said v6.00pg under bios version.

Yes the date has changed. I feel like a right wally now :O

Thanks for the great tool! Really easy to use and seems to work like a dream :nod:

Guest pandaking

Well the new sticks of ram were terribly unstable with my original bios. I wanted to send them back, windows was crashing and all hell was lose! :P

With the new bios everything is fine! Super speedy and super stable :nod: So I have to say I am very very impressed.

Thanks again

Guest pandaking

Mmm, I take some of that back.

I just went into a game and the whole comp just crashed and rebooted :(

Still, it is more stable than before. I might try the older OCZ Tony version on there, or perhaps a DFI one...

Well the E704-2BT was created by Oskar Wu for OCZ Tony, It pretty much follows inline with the 704-2BTA but with the eXpert voltage changes as well as a few other things I am sure.

As for the rest they are bios's that are available on DFI's site for bios downloads and they include a brief changelog, So you may want to start there.

Tmod

Hi Tmod,

I've been using your CD for a while now on my DFI NF3 Ultra-D board, but have recently updated to the Expert board.

From what I have read, would you suggest the E704-2BTA bios going with the set up I have in my sig., as the best bios for me.

Thanks.

would you suggest the E704-2BTA bios going with the set up I have in my sig., as the best bios for me.

It is very hard to suggest any one bios that will work perfect with any system as even two boards with the same componets would not perform the same.

But I would suggest that as a starting point.

Tmod

hi there,

have to say i dont post very often here,

cest la vie

but i have the new expert and with the stock bios cant even boot, ooch.

but the reason for posting is infact to say, Tmod the work you have tryed to do here is great and i would like to say a big thankyou .

i know theres been lots of guys say the same before me but when it comes to things like flashing etc the younger guys have now idea how hard some things for us "old men" are to understand.

Trying to learn things that are nearly taught at school these days is well a bit a of piss off but hey its fun anyway.

just lost the bios on mY other dr board using win flush(first time)

but to stop . in your pocket just to say thx for helping guys like me to make these things easier.

THANKYOU FOR YOU TIME

best

joe

I have flashed my Expert a few different ways but have found that using TMods Flashing and Utility CD is by far the easiest and safest way to flash my board. The only problem is our Expert boards because there doesn't seem to be alot of BIOS support out there yet. Hopefully that will change soon as the board is great. I have even thought of seeing if someone would trade their nf4 SLI-DR for my Expert mainly because of the added BIOS support available. I suppose it would be better to wait a few weeks/months than to trade my board now and be bummed that I didnt' keep it once the support is better.