Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's Elk Grove Illinois, the 2006 Bioses won't work there yet.

Some type of space-time continuoum foul-up I heard.

Have you tried playing the CD backwards (like a Beatles album)?

Listen closely for the words "Paul is dead"

(THunDA swears he hears it everytime he finishes a 6-pack of Heinekin)

Seriously, what Bios did you flash?

Tony's 704-2bta from 2005 is probably the most popular bios for your board.

My favorite at least.

Newer isn't always better.

(Rebbet syawla t'nis rewen) :D

OK I will give that a try. I can't even spell Illinois let alone live there. No I live in California.

I flashed to it already but I have a checksum error and I have some questions about instructions I took from another thread. In order not to ask the same question in two different threads, if you will be so kind, please see my other thread in this section.

Help me understand this instruction...

A member posted some instructions for solving cold boot issues and how to properly flash a BIOS. The following instructions written are confusing to me. Is this something I am supposed to type to a command line?

"flash bios with whatever bios you want to use - but use the following switches: awdflash bios.bin /py/sn/wb/cd/cc/cp/ld/r/f that is important!!"

I am not sure what he means by "use the following switches."

Yes, that would be the information you typed into a command line to force a bios flash.

Sorry if this is a stupid question....

But are all the different BIOS revisions for different purposes, or should i just update to the latest BIOS applicable to the Infinity NF4 SLI? I havnt updated the bios since i built the system, so thought it would be worth doing again :)

Sorry if this is a stupid question....

But are all the different BIOS revisions for different purposes, or should i just update to the latest BIOS applicable to the Infinity NF4 SLI? I havnt updated the bios since i built the system, so thought it would be worth doing again :)

The different bios's are to fix problems in prior bios's as well as offer updates for certain processors or SATA controllers.

The newest isn't always the best.

The Infinity is really not a overclocking board so I would take a look at the bios's avaialble from DFI on their website and make your choice from what they have in the changelog.

Whatever bios's DFI has I put on the CD so you can flash from that.

Tmod

Yes, that would be the information you typed into a command line to force a bios flash.

I am sorry for being ignorant but at what point in flashing the BIOS would I get to a CMD line to type that in, assuming I am using TMODS CD?

I am sorry for being ignorant but at what point in flashing the BIOS would I get to a CMD line to type that in, assuming I am using TMODS CD?

You would not use a command line with my CD.

The only time you would use the command line would be when you are going to flash a bios with just a basic boot disk or if you were going to flash the bios from the hard drive using a boot disk.

Tmod

Yea dude you do a great service here for all these nice folks I have Tmod CD7 right here don't use it but I wanted to check out you're cool work and find out what all the rage was about! Never hurts to have a archive though.

Now Lets talk about that Hot Tuna, shall we?