NF4 LanParty - initial build w/pictures

First off. Thank you Angry for all the time you have put into getting some very useful screen shots for us new guys to follow. I actually purchased DFI because of this info.

Anyway, Last week I components to put together my new rig. Everything went together smoothly into the chieftec dragon case without a hitch. Booted up and I opted not to reflash bios (using bios from march) but selected optional settings, then change boot priority/sequence.

After doing this, I noticed that in system settings my Athlon 3200+ Venice core is showing at 2.1 Mhz when normal stats (I believe) should be 2.01. Everything appears to be stable (Prime 95-Torture), MEM 86.

Purchased 3DMark05 Pro to get all slew up tests and came in with a score of 4921 and 5060 when i used the Sapphire Trixx Program that came with the video card to overclock that.

Attempted to try two BIOS recommendations listed within DFI street and followed some screen shot examples but one of them would not allow me to boot up windows and the other booted up windows but I could not ever run the 3DMark05 test at all.

So I ended up going back and reverting back to the optimum settings to find that everything can run but CPU is at 2.01 again. At least I made full circle with the changes.

Not sure if I should be concerned with this. The purpose of this maching is to replace my everyday Administrative machine and be able to participate on some multiplayer games on the weekends.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is my first post to the board. Just do not want to get too far into this and have more problems than I started with.

Thanks.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tell you what dude

when you are an engineer

and you work for a thermal interface company

or you make cpu's for a processor mfg

or hell, when you are a thermal engineer that designs microprocessors for a living and can correlate heat dispersion with scientific proof to show ArcticSilver, the mfg of the thermal compound, as being full of crap and you know more than they do...then you can post such stupid, useless rubbish in these forums and not be told it is stupid useless rubbish.

until you are an expert on the situation though, you simply wont be allowed to spread your OPINION to users here about such a thing, especially since AS themselves ARE EXPERTS and know MORE THAN YOU about such things.

I'm getting quite tired of you internet experts that probably still live at home with mom coming into this forum (and other forums) claiming to be an expert when in reality you are simply repeating something you heard on a another forum from another 'internet expert' or that you heard in your high school math class.

If you have no facts and proof to back it up, don't bother posting it. We have a hard enough time getting everyone to listen to FACTS AND TRUTHS as it is about how to do something.

GOD HAS SPOKEN!!!!

hi can any one help me i need drivers and need to know how to get this puppy workin im only using 1 hdd sata im new to all of this dfi stuff my gigabyte was easy to install this is way harder

DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR SKT939

AMD (San Diego) Athlon 64bit 4000+ 939pin 1mb L2cache Retail Boxed Processor

Sapphire Radeon X850 XT Platinum 256mb PCI-E

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS 7.1 PCI Soundcard With Dts Support

Creative Labs Inspire T7900 7.1 Speaker System

Logitech MX3100 - LX700 Keyboard + MX1000 Mouse

Microsoft OEM Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

Western Digital WD2000JD 200GB SATA/150 7200RPM 8MB Cache - OEM

Antec Hard Drive Cooler

Sony CRX230E 52x32x52 CD-RW Internal IDE

Sony DWQ28AB2 16x DVD±RW Dual Layer Internal IDE

2 Gb (2 x 1Gb) Corsair TwinX, DDR, PC3200PRO, LED Activity Lights, Lifetime Warranty

ENERMAX EG701AX-VE(W)SFMA 600W ATX V2.00 BTX & XEON (2 X PCI-E)& FREE LANYARD

Have you tried to boot up or load Windows? Where are you in the process? The drivers are on the CD that came with the board. I would suggest that you start a new thread.

it starts to install windows asks me all questions about time zones ext ext and freezes at about 90ish percent of the install

tell you what dude

when you are an engineer

and you work for a thermal interface company

or you make cpu's for a processor mfg

or hell, when you are a thermal engineer that designs microprocessors for a living and can correlate heat dispersion with scientific proof to show ArcticSilver, the mfg of the thermal compound, as being full of crap and you know more than they do...then you can post such stupid, useless rubbish in these forums and not be told it is stupid useless rubbish.

until you are an expert on the situation though, you simply wont be allowed to spread your OPINION to users here about such a thing, especially since AS themselves ARE EXPERTS and know MORE THAN YOU about such things.

I'm getting quite tired of you internet experts that probably still live at home with mom coming into this forum (and other forums) claiming to be an expert when in reality you are simply repeating something you heard on a another forum from another 'internet expert' or that you heard in your high school math class.

If you have no facts and proof to back it up, don't bother posting it. We have a hard enough time getting everyone to listen to FACTS AND TRUTHS as it is about how to do something.

Sorry to get your back up... ROFL. I never claimed to be an expert, first thing I did after reading your reply was go check arcticsilver.com, and looks like they've revised their install guide, so in accordance to their guide and being as they are the 'experts', I have to say that your correct, I was wrong, sorry...

It's alot easier than previous methods too, looks like installing my 4400+ when it arrives will be even quicker than normal... :D

Have you tried to boot up or load Windows? Where are you in the process? The drivers are on the CD that came with the board. I would suggest that you start a new thread.

hi yes windows does strat i get the xp64 screen then my monitor goes into standby and pc is still on any ideas welcom thanks

Sorry to get your back up... ROFL. I never claimed to be an expert, first thing I did after reading your reply was go check arcticsilver.com, and looks like they've revised their install guide, so in accordance to their guide and being as they are the 'experts', I have to say that your correct, I was wrong, sorry...

It's alot easier than previous methods too, looks like installing my 4400+ when it arrives will be even quicker than normal... :D

Arctic Silvers website NEVER said to spread Arctic Silver 5 over the entire heatspreader of the CPU.

There were no previous methods and they didn't revise their install guide, there has always been one method...you simply miss read it the first time. :D