NF4 LanParty - initial build w/pictures

ok just a question i should remove the thermal pad on the stock hsf if im going to use it and AS5 correct? any suggestions on how?

i use the edge of my driver's license or a credit card to get the thick stuff off, then I use a paper towel or lint-free cloth and some 100% acetone to really clean it, then 90% or better alcohol to finish the cleaning

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

noob question :( my first amd 64 opteron here - did a search with poor results, flame away when im done - im prepared for that...

should my cpu fan blow air in or onto the heatsink - or suck the air and blow away :P

also ed jacobsen was mentioned in the first post - i did a forum search - but to no avail - did he make a good guide i can refer too as well?

just got the cpu today - working on install!

msn messenger- to anyone that can help ! [email protected]

wooot first boot rights up to BIOS SO HAPPY after reading so many horror stories about the seasonic :)

im a true idiot tho - forgot my agp 9700 pro wont work with this board - running a $40.00 PCI 32 MB vid card LOL

guess i wont have time to wait on the 512 MB 7800 GTX -- ill have to go with *sigh* the x1800XT for now :(

Sorry if this has been answered already. Getting tired with this build tonight. Anyway do we need to keep these power connectors connected after the initial build ? " plug in the 4-pin molex connection and the 4-pin floppy connection." on MB

I could sure the molex on a CD drive

The DFI boards will boot and function without all 4 power connections. With all 4 connected there is improved power "balance" and added stability. This is the work of the DFI engineers and I choose to believe that they might just know what they are doing. You guys sure don't have to do so; it's your call.