sli EVGA GTX 260, GTX 285 or GTX 275 and sli later, or GTX 275 1792mb?

ootan

you're gonna need to provide a lot more info for us to make a good recommendation for you

- system info (CPU, mobo, RAM, current vid card, etc.)

- monitor's native (highest) resolution

- games and/or other video intensive apps you run

help us help you :)

Yeah things like does your mobo do tri or just dual sli? If its tri the 285 provides most head room, if its dual the 275 might be your best bet. All this being said provided its not a waste on a cheap monitor and low res.

I posted my build above. I will be using my rig to play games, and applications like Game studio and other game design programs.

update: also programming some stuff that has to do with games

Edited by ootan

I recommend getting the GTX 285 and sli later, because it is the BEST single gpu card out there and alot of games only utilize two which would have a better effect when using the two gtx 285 than a 295 .

I recommend getting the GTX 285 and sli later, because it is the BEST single gpu card out there and alot of games only utilize two which would have a better effect when using the two gtx 285 than a 295 .

yeah your probably right, even so when it releases im still sort of convinced if i get the evga 1792 mb version of the 275 and overclock and get a second one in sli it it will be better than 285 in sli

• 2 weeks later...
Go for a GTX 285 and get 3-way SLI eventually. That's arguably the best graphics setup for a PC.

oh I've got your arguments :D, 3 way anything is pointless (unless, like I mentioned in the other thread, two were SLI'd and the third would be a weaker card to do physx)

Yea the 275 is great. I would get the evga superclocked with the free game if you dont already have it. It will overclock and pass the gtx 285 for much much cheaper!

I got the evga260-216 superclocked and it really overclocks well to like 740 and memory 1200. thats on stock cooler in a small case! I really need more room in there but all the lights are so cool. lol