Dell Sucks!

ClayMeow

Okay, so first off, you may be wondering why I have a Dell in my possession. It's NOT MINE! It's a friend's, and she wanted me to take out the mobo and stuff and put it into a new case. She got a new harddrive, and of course we all know you can't cram anymore crap into a dell.

So everything's goin fine, until i reach the part of connecting . on the mobo. There's no diagram on the layout of the Control Panel Connector (J9F2). I check online, and still couldn't find a diagram.

So now i'm on the phone with dell customer suppo.....o wait....i don't think i can really call it customer support...it's more like, dell I-don't-know-what-the-crap-I'm-talkin-about" people.

Nobdoy can tell me the answer to this simple question.

The first guy was like, dell doesn't use a front panel connector. what the heck!

Idiot- "you're referring to the input-output controller"

Me- "NO...the control panel connector...the JAY NINE EFF TWO."

Idiot- "well dell's are set up differently. we don't use that."

((some convo i don't remember....but then....))

Me- "have you built a computer?"

Idiot- "huh?"

Me- "have you built your own computer before?"

Idiot- "yes"

Me- "you've built your own computer before...."

Idiot- "yes, why?"

Me- "i find that hard to believe if you don't even know what a control panel connector is, as it's necessary for a computer to run! May I speak to somebody who has actually built a computer before?"

Idiot- "sir, I..."

Me- "i would like to speak with someone who is familiar with computers."

Idiot- "okay, i'm transferring you over to advanced customer support"

(((seconds pass by, and then he has the nerve to come back on....)))

Idiot- "if you don't mind me asking, are you satisfied with dell's customer support?"

Me- "excuse me?"

Idiot- "are you satisfied with the customer support here at dell?"

Me- "uh, no, not at this moment, because i've been trying to find out this answer for awhile and nobody has been able to help me!"

Idiot- "okay, i'm transferring you now."

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

so then i finally get thru to advanced technical support....they ask some basic questions, and then she's like "okay, in this department, we do not deal with hardware issues, but transfer you to the proper department....so can i know the details of your problem?" OMFG! idiots!

so now i'm back at the hardware technical support, and now i have ANGELINA...stupid c***. I'm currently on hold...i think they're trying to wait me out...see if they take forever if i'll eventually hang up. I'm going to kill someone! :angry:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god, DELL is doing it again. I had a bad experience once with them. First you have to wait like 15-20mins to get someone to entertaint u then non of them have the experience on THEIR ON SYSTEM. My uncle who knows nothing about PC hardware got himself a dell about 3 mths ago. Somehow or rather the HDD fail to work. He called dell and told him the problem after 45mins of waiting on the phone. Dell decided to give him a HDD. Thats good right? Then instead of Dell technical person came to the house, a postman came with a package containing the HDD and ask for the old HDD in return. What the hell is happening here. When he called Dell, the customer, not so good, service officer told him that they only sent the new HDD to him but they dont do the installation. And my uncle knows nuts about PC. Now guys tell me what are they trying to do here???. I think they need to service their own brains before they call themselves Customer Service Officer. :angry:

lol, the only "tech support" ive had to deal with is gateway's, this was about 3 years ago and i need to know the same thing u did....to my unbielief..they actually used non-generic parts, but they were able to tell me within 5 minutes how to connect the powerbutton and all the other front panel stuff up to the board (of course it wasnt labeled lol)

AHAHAH they even told me how do bypass the password from the bios....(of course i didnt know that by removing the battery resat the bios)

they actually knew what they were doing.

I "love" Dell. I got one for my wife- it's basically an e-mail station for her and it was easier to make her happy by going online and getting it done! Anyway the first time I tried to order, I went through the whole process then cancelled because they wanted $108 to ship it and that pissed me off. So I wait until they're running a special with free shipping and order it. They shipped it from their plant in Nashville to the FedEx hub in Memphis (4 hours away) then back to my house (another 4 hours back). What's so weird about that? I live 20 minutes south of the plant - I drive by it twice a week on my way to and from the airport :lol:

:P i havent had to call tech support many times... i actualy can't think of any instances in where i have had to, but they weren't that bad.. i think... i dunno... i can't wait untill 64 bit goes mainstream... tech support sure will have fun then... so will everyone else trying ot explain that you have to have 32 or 64 bit drivers and that they aren't interchangeable :P this will probably... no not probably... WILL be a million times worse than it was witht he change form 16 to 32 bit... because back then i dont think there were as many ubern00bs using computers... lol that will be interesting...

-aliencam

Oh god, DELL is doing it again. I had a bad experience once with them. First you have to wait like 15-20mins to get someone to entertaint u then non of them have the experience on THEIR ON SYSTEM. My uncle who knows nothing about PC hardware got himself a dell about 3 mths ago. Somehow or rather the HDD fail to work. He called dell and told him the problem after 45mins of waiting on the phone. Dell decided to give him a HDD. Thats good right? Then instead of Dell technical person came to the house, a postman came with a package containing the HDD and ask for the old HDD in return. What the hell is happening here. When he called Dell, the customer, not so good, service officer told him that they only sent the new HDD to him but they dont do the installation. And my uncle knows nuts about PC. Now guys tell me what are they trying to do here???. I think they need to service their own brains before they call themselves Customer Service Officer. :angry:

yeah, well that was the other thing....the time spent to actually talk to someone. You know that if you call their number and hit "3" for tech support, you first have to sit thru some 3 minute explanation on viruses...something like if you're experiencing errors, slow load time, lag....then you could have a virus...blah blah blah.

So anyhow. That f'n angelina hung up on me after a long time.

So i called back...got to techsupport, and the first thing i say when the guy picks up is "i'd like to speak to your manager"

So of course he's like, what is your problem, maybe i can help you....grrr. "i've tried to get the answer from you guys numerous times, and i was just hung up on by one your people...i'd like to speak to a manager." well, in order to do that, the guy needs to know the issue. so i explain what i did and what i need to know, and he says he'll try and find the answer.

So time goes by...he pops in every now and then to ask a question....of course he doesn't know .. So my anger is just increasing exponentially.

So at the end he says his manager is in a meeting...i ask for his extension to call him later...he gives me it but says it's to voicemail. fag....so then the convo goes something like this:

Me- "well is there anyone there with more experience i can speak with?"

Idiot- "nobody's going to be able to help you here. dell uses one connection, not separate ones."

Me- "have you built your own computer before?"

Idiot- "Yes..."

Me- "and you're telling me you never saw a control panel connector with separate wires?"

Idiot- "I...Dell doesn't..."

Me- "I know dell uses just one stupid connector, but they're the only one. Every other case has separate ones, so how can you tell me nobody knows how to connect them?"

Idiot- "Because we only deal with Dell's here..."

Me- "This IS a dell. I want to know the layout of YOUR motheboard. How can you not know that?"

Idiot- "There is only one connector on ...."

Me- "Have you ever looked at the connector?"

(silence)

Me- "There's wires that go into the connectors, how can nobody know what those wires do?"

Idiot- "there is no information...

Me- "You're telling me a tech support center doesn't know what the wires do on their own systems?"

Idiot- (starts mumbling something)

Me- "I don't care if i have to talk to the freakin designers of the computer, SOMEBODY has to know what those wires do. It's impossible not to!"

(some more mumbling)

(meanwhile, my dinner has been rdy for awhile now, so...)

Me- "Fine, I'll just call your manager later. You guys should be ashame that you know absolutely nothing about computers. goodbye."

I didn't call the manager last night, cause i couldn't deal with them anymore. Maybe i'll try later. This is just ridiculous. I don't know what i'm supposed to do. I already ripped apart her computer. She didn't care about the case, so instead of fussing taking everything out "correctly", i just cracked the case in a few places...cause although they say it's tooless, try taking off the mobo-side side-panel and half of the top...

I'll try looking at that stupid connector in the dell case and try and figure out where the wires go :(

If anyone has any idea of the layout....it's a Dell Dimension L566cx. thanks

Sounds like it would be quicker to get a new motherboard <_>

it isn't mine though...of course i'd get a new mobo in a sec....but i can't ask her to spend more money when she shouldn't have to.