Looks Like There Is No Stopping This Team

road-runner

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my main proc (the 2.8) is FUBAR, so i wont be folding with this machine until i get a new proc. I may be out of business for a while :(  An right when i got into the top 100.

445480[/snapback]

No offence mcfly, but it keeps you off my back. :lol: J/K Hurry up and get a new proc man!

I'm adding my first A64 as soon as it gets here. I hope that helps.

Ive been getting the gayest 30 - 50 pointers like all week...so im not really helping atm.

Hopefully they send me at least some 100+ pointers soon

445475[/snapback]

Every little bit helps, if you machine is capable set the config file for big work units, I have all of mine set that way and even a 1.8 Duron with 256mb of memory completes the 600 pointers, as a matter of fact 90% of my machines only have 1 stick of PC2700 256mb and I have not had any problems completing the big WUs.

But that 90% is running Win 2000 Pro SP4 if it matters, I think 2000 is not as big of memory hog as XP but I am not sure. And of course my dedicated folders only have the bare essentials and no more, just enough to run folding.

:foldon:

Edited by road-runner

http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/f...-userguide.html

Theres a link that may help but what you do in create a folder, I have mine in program files then download the console 5.02 in to the folde save it in there. Ok right click on it and send a shortcut to the desktop if you have AMD you put

-advmethods with a space between the dash and target writing, if its intel you will do it like mine and double click the shortcut to start folding it will ask you several questions when it comes to big packets type yes

I have good news and I have bad news as far a folding is concerned.

Good news - i talked my two friends into folding. that will help some.

Bad news - Its spring break next week which means I have to shut down my comp for a week.

O well, try to hold them off till I get back.

Just got my AMD 64 3000+ running 24/7 but i also have spring break, but i'm considering leaving it on all the time i'm gone, if i can for the old rig to serve as a server then i won't ahve to loose it... wont reconize a PCI ethernet card that peiece of &%$