BLCK VS CPU OC

dling

Does it make any difference how I get to the speed I want? Either raising the cpu speed or the blck to get there. I seem to remember that it's better to get the overclock by raising the cpu speed over the blck.

It seems that using the blck is not stable. I can to 4.5g either way but computer crashes when I overclock via the blck.

I could try increasing core voltage but I'm already at 1.3vdc . I think I will just keep what I have bclk @100 x core @ 45 =4.5 ;)

It depends on the processor.  I know for Intel chips that the X58 platform was the last one that truly allowed you to push the BCLK for higher overclocks.  QPI speed, memory speed, cpu speed and cpu cache speed is also tied directly to the BCLK so your multipliers for all of them on an X58 system need to be accounted for as well.  If you're talking about your X99 system, just change your multipliers.  Messing with the BCLK on sandy-bridge and newer systems can cause stability issues.  Though I will say on X58 that increasing your BCLK makes the system slightly faster... Puts a lot more stress on the motherboard, though.

It depends on the processor.  I know for Intel chips that the X58 platform was the last one that truly allowed you to push the BCLK for higher overclocks.  QPI speed, memory speed, cpu speed and cpu cache speed is also tied directly to the BCLK so your multipliers for all of them on an X58 system need to be accounted for as well.  If you're talking about your X99 system, just change your multipliers.  Messing with the BCLK on sandy-bridge and newer systems can cause stability issues.  Though I will say on X58 that increasing your BCLK makes the system slightly faster... Puts a lot more stress on the motherboard, though.

that seem to be my outcome also with the x99 MB. I'm able to get better stability from  the multiplier then the bclk  .