DOOM

bp9801

Played a few hours this morning,.. the beta PC FPS is locked at 60, no word on 21:9 support?,.. Whatever else it feels like, it doesn't feel like DOOM.

If it wasn't called DOOM, it wouldn't be receiving anywhere near the scrutiny and attention that it is.

The beta multiplayer mode doesn't suggest it'll have a great deal to offer in the way of either novelty or nostalgic. 

Edited by Braegnok

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played a few hours this morning,.. the beta PC FPS is locked at 60, no word on 21:9 support?,.. Whatever else it feels like, it doesn't feel like DOOM.

If it wasn't called DOOM, it wouldn't be receiving anywhere near the scrutiny and attention that it is.

The beta multiplayer mode doesn't suggest it'll have a great deal to offer in the way of either novelty or nostalgic. 

I was a little saddened to open the game and be limited to a max resolution of 1920x1080. This the 6v6 multiplayer and the 60fps cap screams poor console port.......

Edited by slick2500

I was a little saddened to open the game and be limited to a max resolution of 1920x1080. This the 6v6 multiplayer and the 60fps cap screams poor console port.......

I still have hopes for the single player since that is actually developed by id Software. Plus there's an Advanced Options bit that's all greyed out, so maybe there is something more there. But the MP just doesn't feel like DOOM at all.

I felt the opposite. Played the Beta on the PS4. It was Doom alright and awesome! fast action, It was like a cross between Quake3 and Doom3

I felt the opposite. Played the Beta on the PS4. It was Doom alright and awesome! fast action, It was like a cross between Quake3 and Doom3

Probably because it feels more natural on the consoles. Slower reaction times, aim lock-on, etc. It feels slow on PC compared to Quake, UT, and the older Dooms.

I installed it, but never got around to playing it. After reading your comments, I'm glad I didn't waste my time, especially with it locked at 1080p. Ah well; not like I would have bought it at launch anyway.

From the new blog post:

At launch the PC framerate will not be capped. Further, the PC version of DOOM will expose a comprehensive set of advanced game and rendering options that will allow players to dial the experience up or down based on their individual desires or hardware capabilities.

PC gaming is in our DNA here at id. Just like so many of you, we also love to tinker with settings to get the exact experience we want