DOOM

bp9801

Yeah, figured it'd be the same title with some newer graphics, enhanced gameplay, and additional content. :P But, still a great title. I've been playing through the original Doom games recently, so that's been cool. Concerning the latest Doom, the multiplayer looks to be shaping up nicely. I personally didn't care for the multiplayer of Doom 3, so once this latest game goes on a deep enough sale, we shall see how I enjoy it. :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Looks good! I'm not a huge single player FPS fan but I'll probably end up picking this up.

There's a multiplayer component, too.

Since it's Super Bowl weekend, Conan plays with Von Miller, Josh Norman, and Marshawn Lynch (not playing this weekend, sadly, but still entertaining).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So evidently the multiplayer beta isn't getting the most love on PC. More of a Halo feel than anything else, which is fitting considering it was developed by a studio founded by former Bungie devs. Not as fast as previous id games, only two weapons at a time, and even issues with the sound design. Plus it has XP markers and a COD-like progression and weapon/armor customization system that aren't sitting well with people. Basically, it's not DOOM at all in terms of multiplayer.

I'm still downloading it so we'll see how it is, but for those who have tried it, thoughts?

Edit: Played a bit. It definitely is not as fast as it should be. It's fun, sure, but the speed of it is just like Halo. It's nowhere near as fast as Unreal Tournament or Quake or even the older Dooms.