Where's Android 4.1.1?

Miek

I've got a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I reside in Canada. People I know with the same phone are already getting Android 4.1.1. I've been spam-clicking the button to check for system updates, but nothing's changed. No updates. I can't even find a download of 4.1.1 to do it manually. What gives, Google? Is anyone else having this problem? Can anyone offer insight?

My phone's still running 4.0.2. 4.0.4 was out in March and I can't even get that version.

Edited by Miek

They're on the same carrier in the same area as me. I don't see any reason as to why it's not available. I know for a fact that they're not running custom roms, either. I'm surrounded be technophobes. The fact that they even have a Smartphone is amazing to me.

Edited by Miek

Does your carrier use CDMA or GSM? CDMA has some proprietary components to it that cannot be included in the OS, as Google builds it. This causes a delay between the OS release and the actual update on carriers like Verizon. This long of a delay is utter nonsense, but that proprietary code is part of the reason for it. Otherwise Google could just push the update themselves. This is also why some people say the Verizon Galaxy Nexus isn't a true Nexus, and that may extend to all CDMA Nexus phones.

If your carrier is not CDMA though, then there is something else going on that could be as simple as the carrier not finishing their compatibility tests with the OS.

I've got a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I reside in Canada. People I know with the same phone are already getting Android 4.1.1. I've been spam-clicking the button to check for system updates, but nothing's changed. No updates. I can't even find a download of 4.1.1 to do it manually. What gives, Google? Is anyone else having this problem? Can anyone offer insight?

My phone's still running 4.0.2. 4.0.4 was out in March and I can't even get that version.

I rooted mine and had it the day after the code was released in one form or another. Currently running BAMF Paradigm 2.2

Here is a list of 4.1.1 roms for the Nexus Here you go!

Root guide Here