[PC] Grim Dawn (New Game coming soon)

dr_bowtie

Item generation sounds awesome. Was Titan Quest a good game? I might have to pick that up before considering the purchase of this one...

IMO, if you take away the nostalgia factor from Diablo 2, TQ is the better game.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is the thing....

I never played Diablo or Diablo II...

but I have played TQ and the expansion...these guys, Crate Entertainment, are picking up where Iron Lore left off...these guys are former employees of Iron Lore and bought the Titan Quest rights and engine...thing is after the demise of Iron Lore Titan Quest is still selling...thats the whole premise for Grim Dawn...

I looked at the trailers for Diablo III and Grim Dawn seems to be everything Titan Quest was with everything D3 is going to be...and much more and probably sooner than Blizzard is going to release D3

Thank God you put IMO in there.

Better graphics (best in an action-RPG if you can max it out), best skill trees in an Action-RPG to date, better potential item properties variety, respeccing, day/night cycle, mod support...those are the things I remember off hand.

I'm not saying Diablo III won't be better, and believe me, I was obsessed with D2 for a long time. I'm just not one of those jaded people that can't move past classics.

Better graphics (best in an action-RPG if you can max it out), best skill trees in an Action-RPG to date, better potential item properties variety, respeccing, day/night cycle, mod support...those are the things I remember off hand.

I'm not saying Diablo III won't be better, and believe me, I was obsessed with D2 for a long time. I'm just not one of those jaded people that can't move past classics.

I have played Diablo II (and its expansion) for almost ten thousand hours, yet I've only managed to put around 10 hours into Titan Quest and the expansion. It might be the better game but it has zero of the adictiveness factor you'll find in games like WoW, Counter-Strike, or from what I've seen, Farmville.

so how many people have pre-ordered this , i think im just going to get the Epic Fan "pack" if you can call it that :P

dont have all to much money to be throwing around , but i like to help out smaller game company's who make awesome as games :)

i feel like a modern day Robin Wood , Acquire games from big company's (what i normally dont enjoy) and give my money to the small ones

If Doc says it's good it must be good...... :)

But seriously, TQ and TQ Immortal Throne were pretty awesome. And the thing I notice is that even after you get tired of playing them for a while, everyone always seems to come back and start playing them again. To me, that is one sign of a great game.

• 1 year later...

2010 to 2012, didn't come soon enough hehe :D Not a fan of the art direction. That UI looks so 1998. It does have a lot of action though.

Were you watching in 240p or something? I thought the graphics were quite good. The environment was highly detailed (cobblestone streets point to high textures) and though it wasn't noticeable unless you were looking, grass moves (and most likely will react to player/creature movement, since it did in TQ). Spell effects were top notch. Animations seemed solid. The UI is definitely old school, but I kind of like its simplistic nature. That being said, the UI is usually one of the last things to get finalized...I give it a 5% chance that the final release's UI will look anything like this. Overall, it had a very gritty feel to it, which fits it quite well.

Had it on the front page last night, but didn't know if Terry would like the topic getting bumped after so long. :lol:

The necroing rule doesn't apply to gaming/entertainment threads.