Speed test Mobile vs PC

Crappy router, crappy wifi adapter in the tablet, lots of 2.4ghz traffic around (if you're on that band), poor/low signal, perhaps the router's set to a lower wireless standard (like G or something).

I assume the desktop is wired in?

Jesus Christ! :lol:

That'd be it then, I have some around me at my apartment and since my laptop's wifi adapter only can work on the 2.4ghz band (for now), I can only pull 60Mbps while my dad's Galaxy S4, with 5Ghz capability, can pull the whole 130Mbps. I'll be glad to do a comparison test when I get my new wifi card in.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I know right? There are not that many units within range to account for that many APs. I suppose I could move everything to the 5ghz network, but IDR if the N7 can run on 5ghz.

Edit: switching to 5ghz helped a lot.

Check out my Ookla Speedtest result. What's your speed? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1111873529

Told ya ;) and that may just be the limit of whatever cheap wifi adapter they put in there. My phone can only get 60 also but my dad's can pull the full 130 from the same router and connection (his Galaxy S4 vs my Stratosphere II)

Download "Wifi Analyzer" app to graph networks by channel and signal strength and manually set your router to a less used/higher rated channel.

This, though I doubt 5Ghz is really that populated like the 2.4Ghz band, I think it's just the max his tablet can do.

my Laptop gets 12.24 down 9.49 up

Kindle Fire 171.97 down 24.96

samsung note 3 43.44 down 24.48 up

for me its mostly my adapters per device some can connect to my AC network others are connected to the N network