Windows 7 to be Available on Consumer PCs Through October

kyfire

Microsoft revealed today that it will allow PC makers to continue preinstalling Windows 7 on new consumer PCs through October 31, 2014. Left unsaid, however, is when it will cut off Windows 7 preinstalls on business PCs.

While Microsoft has always allowed PC makers to continue shipping previous versions of Windows on their hardware for some amount of time after the release of a new Windows version, this policy has come under scrutiny in recent months for two reasons.

Source   http://winsupersite.com/windows-7/windows-7-be-available-consumer-pcs-through-october

Windows 8 is just fine guys, as was Vista....if anything 7 is like XP and 8 is like XP 2.0 (in that it's a revision on top of a revision)

Once you disable Metro and boot right to desktop, I find it better than 7.

I was going to say someone posted the other day how to set win8 to boot right to the desktop instead of the Metro crap...

Vista wasnt half bad but it was mainly bogged down by all the UAP stuff.... all win7 did was rip most of that out... so it is basically Vista they way it should have been...

Vista was significantly improved over time, by the time it was on SP2 it wasn't as bad. That being said, I was more than happy to make the move to W7 straight away. I think every so often, they hit on a strong version, it seems like every other release.

so surprised that the win 8 has only sold 200 million copies, that's like a total fail...but win 8.1 on this gamer is the only oddball in the house and the rest are 7pro 64bit...i'm good with that...