Buddy wants to sell his PS4 that works fine (except bluray drive) for

jkeener71

Should I buy it? He wants to sell it to me for $200

I am a casual gamer and dont ever need to buy games right when they release, I also have a one year Playstation Plus membership/subscription and I usually just download games via the Playstation store, when they are free and or at a good Playstation Plus price.

Anyways, wondering what you guys think and other than not being able to buy the games on disk and installing them to my PS4 (which I dont care, I just care that I can play the game(s). 

Anything I might be missing, and/or not thinking of???

Thank you. 

Note: I am primarily a PC gamer, and I have a PS3, which I will eventually sell.

I'd first look into the console's warranty status before purchasing, either to get the drive fixed/replaced or make sure that if there are other problems, you can get those addressed. Worst case scenario is more than the drive is bad or going bad, so cover yourself on that if you can, while best case would be purchasing it for $200, find it is still under warranty, and get a fully operational PS4 for the additional cost of shipping.

I'd first look into the console's warranty status before purchasing, either to get the drive fixed/replaced or make sure that if there are other problems, you can get those addressed. Worst case scenario is more than the drive is bad or going bad, so cover yourself on that if you can, while best case would be purchasing it for $200, find it is still under warranty, and get a fully operational PS4 for the additional cost of shipping.

This or maybe look into whether you could fix the drive yourself easily/cheaply should you want to

if he didn't break the seal, just send it back for the warrenty. you don't need to prove anything, just has to be under a year. otherwise I wouldn't buy it as replacing the drive isn't easy like the xbox 360 and ps3.

edit: I guess if you have PS+ you can use it to play all the free games but otherwise you would fill up 500gb quick when downloading digital copies all the time.

if he didn't break the seal, just send it back for the warrenty. you don't need to prove anything, just has to be under a year. otherwise I wouldn't buy it as replacing the drive isn't easy like the xbox 360 and ps3.

edit: I guess if you have PS+ you can use it to play all the free games but otherwise you would fill up 500gb quick when downloading digital copies all the time.

Well PS4 didnt come out until November 2013, so it would have to be under warranty.

As far as Hard drive space goes that is why I have a gaming PC. :)

Edited by jkeener71

You can freely swap out the HDD in the PS4.

yeah but that costs money so having a ps4 with a working drive would be a better solution. either way, buy it if you can send it in, otherwise don't