Value / OC |Gaming PC

Hi all

Im near to buy my new rig, im thinking on:

*A64 Venice 3000+

*DFI NF4 Ultra (if i have more money= NF4 SLI)

*512MB Patriot TCCD (3200+XBLK) 2x256MB im not sure about that, but they're cheap and TCCD! :/

*eVGA or MSI or Gigabyte 6600 NON-GT (if i have more money: GT)

*Generic and modded case (i'll mod it) with some fans (ttake smart case II)

*Generic PSU

In a future i'll buy a Fortron 500W, when i've more money and maybe a nice heatsink, 1 GB RAM and OC'it really hard! :P

What do you think guys?

*thanks

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much money or what?

it should be around...hmmm

155$

150$

100$

150$

80$

100$

_____

aprox. 730$

I already have a monitor, samsung 793MB 17" Flat screen.

Maybe a buy a Samsung DVD-ROM CDRW 52x32x52, a mx500 if i have money, if i dont: Genius optical.

Probably will not even start up with this> """*Generic and modded case (i'll mod it) with some fans (ttake smart case II)

*Generic PSU"""

Generic power supplies hardly even will crank the board up most of the time.

RGone...

Hehehehee. Sorry playah....

Guest Antonik

I recommend an antec tx1050b case. Its pretty nice, and it comes with a 500w power supply. only costs 125$.

Another thing, get a gig of ram, most games today really demand it. If you cant afford better ram get some value ram. I got it working without any problems, even on 125 bios.

my whole build was a budget buy, and everything in my sig cost me 850( shipping included) to buy.

Ok, i'll think about the RAM, 1 gigabyte and the PSU.

but maybe i'll buy a fortron 500w, what do you think about it? i need the best price/performance PSU.

The ram maybe i'll buy the 512MB 2x256MB and when i've the money i'll sell the patriots and buy 1 GB of something good, ocz tccd.

But i cant buy everything at the same time.

Not too dissimilar to my rig. Although my powersupply is not up to recommended snuff (this was well before DFI made 470W (or whatever it is) a requirement), but it's been fine. The system has been rock solid and speedy, and I've had no problems at all other than never being able to get my microphone working properly. I'll be popping in a second 512Mb next week hopefully, with fingers crossed.

check this out I just did a minor ugrade to my machine, recently that might help here. I recently upgraded my old shat box AMD T-Bird system from 512mb to 1024mb of ram, and wow what a difference in gaming. When I ran 512 I'd be getting HD reads all over the place, especialy in World of Warcraft. That makes sence though, WoW posseses a very large game enviroment. Frankly, when I had 512mb it was down right unplayable in certain areas. I'd be getting so many HD reads when traveling through areas that my screen would absolutly freeze up and come back after my machine got done page filing all the new textures and data, roughly 4-8 seconds later. And sometimes, that's all the enviroment would need to have a random baddie come back and commenced to killin' my dwarf butt. Papy's and EA's latest NASCAR sim's also benefitted quite a bit from the RAM upgrade as well. Longer draw distances are playable, and framerates have increaced too, since my system doesn't have to go back to the HD for textures every time I come in and out of pit lane.

Basicly what I'm trying to say is this. Get 1GB of RAM if you're gaming, don't even mess around with 512mb to begin with and then get 1gb later. If this is going to be a benchmarking computer, then by all means, get the 2x256 so you can get the higher clock speeds, but not if you're gaming. The RAM doesn't have to be pretty, it doesn't have rediculously tight timmings, or attain a 300MHz fsb, (that's what dividers are for) or even be dual channel, or run at 1T. If you're affraid that not having all those fancy things is going to kill you're performance, check this out. (Especialy Angry's post #7)

I'm on a TIGHT budget too man, so I understand, and I'm trying to help you just like everyone else is. So heed these words: For gaming, go 1GB or don't go at all.

Frankly, if money is that tight, and every dollar matters, I'd try an nforce 3 skt 754 sempron rig, like the one in my signature. And OC's the crap out of it. In the A64 Overclocking section, it seemed like everyone was getting 2.6 - 2.7 GHz out of them consistently. Take a look at this.

From Newegg

AMD Sempron 3000+ Palermo - $89

DFI LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb - $92

.........................................$181

That's $120 cheaper than you'd pay for an A64 3000+ and a DFI nForce 4 board

Take that $120 and invest it into what it would take to get up to 1GB of RAM, a 6600GT, and a good Power Supply.

This is just my idea/opinion, and you know what they say about opinions... if I'm way off here, someone correct me please.

----edited because apparently I can't add, and for a froidian slip----