HELP!! Can't find CPC Enable Option in 3/10/2005 BIOS on nF4 SLI-DR

Hehehe :shake: Thanks AG for confirming about the 510 situation :nod:

Thanks Angry!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............. there goes dfi official website!! :rolleyes:

Now I have to wonder what on earth these monarch guys were doing with my combo for 15 days....!!!

so...tomorrow is the day...flash time!!

- Rex

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks AG..I also need to know if before flashing bios I need to get the jumper JP17 (DRAM Voltage) back to 1-2 position. Currently it's at 2-3..upto +4v option.

I believe that after flashing vid control will become "auto" with optimized defaults..correct?

Thanks,

Rex

Whooa! Slow down grasshopper. You need to get off the 4V position as fast as possible. Search for cold boot issue in these forums and you will find a long thread. DFI has recommended not to use the 4V option. Plus why in the hale would you need it since you have rev 2 that needs no more than 2.8Vdimm.

Whooa! Slow down grasshopper. You need to get off the 4V position as fast as possible. Search for cold boot issue in these forums and you will find a long thread. DFI has recommended not to use the 4V option. Plus why in the hale would you need it since you have rev 2 that needs no more than 2.8Vdimm.

alright I am reverting it...thanks for telling me.. I saw threads asking to go above 2.9v..information overload maybe...rofl

Alright....done. thanks again....

- Rex

i still use the 4v jumper on BH-5 (not VX tho)

you should always go back to default speeds before flashing. Never flash overclocked. Ever. Never. No matter how many 'experts' come into this thread and say they do it. Never ever ever never flash overclocked. Period. Don't say I didnt warn you if you do and things go badly.

you should also when you go back to default speeds, reset the 4v jumper back to 3v line. After flashing successfully, you can then revert back to previous settings.

BUT

DO NOT USE CMOS RELOADED SETTINGS FROM ONE BIOS TO THE NEXT

ie if you have your overclock saved on 3.10 bios, and flash to 5.10-2, do NOT use CMOS reloaded to get back to your previous settings.

manually write them down and then go back after flash and enter them in to see if they will work. chances are, things will be slightly different from bios to bios.

For what it's worth and I am no DFI expert by a long shot (only had this board for 5 days), but I have the Venice 3000+ (rev E3) and had the offical 310 bios and CPC was available, because it needed to be 'disabled' with my 4x512mb Kingmax ram. The selections Auto and Enable prevented the system from booting up.

Dave

You guys are insanely good!! Thanks folks.. I will follow per's procedure and angry's advice and will flash it tomorrow. before flashing i will load optimized defaults and flash..then will clear cmos for 10 minutes or more and then start back again.

- rex

I didn't read rexian's sig carefully. I do remember having the CRC option for my Venice with the 310 bios. Anyway, if AG says no, it must be the case. Case closed.

OCZ Plat Rev2 usually needs no more than 2.9V.

Did the new bios fix your problem including the ultra low bandwidth at 860MB/s? The 310 bios locks CPC enabled (1T) but this should help the mempry performance. Don't know why the JP17 is at 2-3 positon for your Plat Rev2 TCCD memory.