HELP!! Can't find CPC Enable Option in 3/10/2005 BIOS on nF4 SLI-DR

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the stock bios? My stock bios fried my first pair of memory.

what do you mean by stock? "optimized defaults"? I loaded in the begining and then disabled all the crap that I don't need. Had to give memory timings as with auto tRCD was becoming 3 instead of 2. Also, upped the voltage to 2.8 volts for sticks.

Thanks,

Rex

Sounds like you didn't flash the bios properly. See pershoot's procedure:

How-To Flash Bios:

grab a bootable pure dos floppy disk (you can download dos image with 310 public release (NOT the "P" performance/beta version, but final version) on it, to be written to floppy above OR download bootable CDROM image w./ all bioses OR you can make one through your operating system: right click a: in my computer -> format -> check make ms dos startup disk) and place awdflash and bios file on this floppy. these can be found (dos flash util and bios file) above.

enter bios -> load optimised defaults -> y->save -> boot off disk -> follow flash instructions in the .txt that comes with awdflash.rar OR type 'flash' at A:, if using bootable dos image w./ 310 on it OR follow on screen instructions if using bootable CDROM image. If using the 'awdflash.rar method', remember to replace BIOSFILE.BIN with bios filename (awd859e BIOSFILE.BIN /py /sn /cd /cp /cc /LD /R /f) -> after it is done, it will reset on its own -> after reset, enter bios -> load optimised defaults->y->save->after POST finishes -> shutdown ->switch off PSU -> unplug -> wait for yellow lights to turn off -> press power a few times-> set clear CMOS jumper -> wait for 10 minutes->set jumper back -> plug in ->switch on -> power up -> enter bios -> load optimised defaults -> now configure your bios.

suio - I did not flash bios since I got the mobo. Mobo, CPU and memory came from Monarch as a combo. They spent 15 days testing it. :rolleyes: It looked odd but, I didn't want to flash BIOS lightly so, wanted to get people's opinions before I do so.

Thanks,

Rex

Rex it makes no difference Ut or Lanparty...Sli or Ultra D...they ALL have the same chipset use the same bioses and drivers ;)

Seriously though try the 623-3 official I have tried most and this is one of the better ones ;)

Rex it makes no difference Ut or Lanparty...Sli or Ultra D...they ALL have the same chipset use the same bioses and drivers ;)

Seriously though try the 623-3 official I have tried most and this is one of the better ones ;)

Agreed. Make sure to follow the correct procedure when flashing the bios.

;)

Then Monarch might not flash the bios properly. You still need to do a CMOS clear even with the dismond image.

Great! I am off to flash the BIOS tomorrow to 623-3 version..I will update you guys about how it went...

Here's the linky to my building diary....check it out: ;)

NF4 SLI-DR w/ San Diego 3700+: New Build Begins...[MODEM ALERT]

Thanks,

Rex