7-4 fix?

Guest kris_merged

Has anyone seen a fix for the 7-4 series? I was using 7-4-3 and so far it has worked the best for me.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bios 704-2 modded with dangerous voltage removed.

EDIT by THunDA..

Link removed because that bios still has the voltage bug..Dont want anyone to jump and flash it thinking its a fixed version..

I dont need them removed, I have enough brains not to use them. That mod is just stupid.

"Hey, this FSB thing aint working in this BIOS, lets just remove it...."

that dosen't remove the problem. I need a REAL fix.

the whole CPU voltage problem.

The special vid control is applied before protecting the CPU.

EX: original voltage=1.5%100%

You change to 1.2*126%

the BIOS first applies the special vid, so for a short period of time, you CPU gets 1.5*126%

WARNING - the Ubbermann has given above!!! That bios was available before the voltage bug was discovered. I'm not sure that that is the one that BigToe has fixed the voltage problem in ... in fact I pretty sure it is not.

BigToe did post a download link for the ones he did fix, but once again, I do not believe that above linked thread should be used.

I dont need them removed, I have enough brains not to use them. That mod is just stupid.

"Hey, this FSB thing aint working in this BIOS, lets just remove it...."

that dosen't remove the problem. I need a REAL fix.

I think its far from stupid.. We all want a fixed bios with all the options working and im sure that is in the works now.. But for some that want to use this bios without having to worry about making a mistake this is good and definitly NOT STUPID..

WARNING - the Ubbermann has given above!!! That bios was available before the voltage bug was discovered. I'm not sure that that is the one that BigToe has fixed the voltage problem in ... in fact I pretty sure it is not.

BigToe did post a download link for the ones he did fix, but once again, I do not believe that above linked thread should be used.

I think your right.. I believe he just uncovered a few hiddin options in that bios..

edit..

According to your question to Tony HERE it seems that it isnt posted in a forum and he is just emailing it to people that ask for it..

Honestly the 623-2 is working perfect for me so I really dont care for trying anything else untill something else comes from Oscar..

yes, that's right thundA, I remember now ... he would only email ... I asked him to post on bleeding edge and he preferred to just email .... SOO

everyone, DO NOT use the above link thinking that it has the voltage fix in it.

I guess it is not stupid, but I know not to use those settings, so I really dont need that mod.

As as far as another BIOS, 704 is the only one that dosen't give me any errors.

As other posters already said, there are other hidden assumptions we don't know. You just assumed you knew everything.