DFI Lanparty nf4 ultra-D boot problems

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK i think you all are missing something..

My pc worked fine when i was using my thermaltake PSU 400watt with a 20-24 pin adaptor untill it turned off by itself and now i get nothing on screen and the 4 leds on the mobo stay lit up. no post, no beeps, nothing.

Ive reset CMOS many many times and trying many different ways...still no luck.

Ive tried a different 400 watt powersupply again with the 20 - 24 pin adaptor and still no luck..

Im scared my parts could be fried is this possible?

basically im saying ive tried another power supply with the CPU and ram ONLY, no video card and i receive no beeps or anything. 4 leds stay the same.

Now if i bought another power supply even a 550 watt with a native 24 pin connector dont you think i would get the same results keeping in mind ive already tried another 400 W p/s with a 20 - 24 pin adaptor. Now the pc couldnt be overloaded if its only a CPU and 1 ram chip. because it was way more than that before and the pc worked till it turned itself OFF.

Waz,

I am not missing the point. Like I said earler cannot rule out your PSU as being the issue. It is underpowered for your system. Now this my not be your issue, but it would be like trying to troubleshoot a Carvette issue, using a Chevy Vega engine. Do not spend time trying to figure out if your PSU is good or bad. Just wait for the new PSU, and see what happens. If you are still having same issue, then we can go from there.

OK i think you all are missing something..

My pc worked fine when i was using my thermaltake PSU 400watt with a 20-24 pin adaptor untill it turned off by itself and now i get nothing on screen and the 4 leds on the mobo stay lit up. no post, no beeps, nothing.

Ive reset CMOS many many times and trying many different ways...still no luck.

Ive tried a different 400 watt powersupply again with the 20 - 24 pin adaptor and still no luck..

Im scared my parts could be fried is this possible?

basically im saying ive tried another power supply with the CPU and ram ONLY, no video card and i receive no beeps or anything. 4 leds stay the same.

Now if i bought another power supply even a 550 watt with a native 24 pin connector dont you think i would get the same results keeping in mind ive already tried another 400 W p/s with a 20 - 24 pin adaptor. Now the pc couldnt be overloaded if its only a CPU and 1 ram chip. because it was way more than that before and the pc worked till it turned itself OFF.

OK, one thing though i forgot to mention. I did update my bios to this version Date Code 2005/06/23

File N4D623-3.zip

Size 402,423 bytes

Description 1. Patch Dual-Core CPU performance problem.

2. Add Errata 123 option.

3. Add ACPI SRAT option.

Its from the DFI website and i updated through DOS, rebooted and didnt have any issues. now this was done before my PC Turned itself OFF