ocz gold pc3200 overclock((help))

Hey guys, ok here is the deal.

got my A64 3000+ venice stable at 260fsb for 15.5+ hours in prime95

Ram on the other hand, I cant seem to get stable on any setting accept @ 220 @ 3.2V. I can get it to pass the 25 run of #5 in memtest @ 235 but anything above 220 fails test # 8, it passed @ 220 with these settings for 8.5 hours in memtest.

I am going to post up my settings and maybe if any of you could just skim through them and see if you see anything i could change to get this up some more ? or is it possibly bad ram ? thanks guys !

htt/fsb - 220

Volt - 3.2v

DRAM Frequency set (220) (1/01)

CPC- enables

CAS-2

trcd-2

tras-8

trp-2

trc-7

trfc-17

trrd-3

twr-3

twtr-2

trwt-3

tref-3120

twcl-auto

Dram bank interleave - enabled

dram skew control - increase

dram skew value - 200

dram drive strength - 8

dram data drive strength - 3

max async latency - 6NS

dram response time - fast

read preamble time - 5NS

idle cycle limit - 16x cycles

dynamic counter - disabled

r/w que bypass - 7x

32 byte granulation - disabled(8 bursts)

first check out the NF4 Bios Memory guide, it has helped me a ton. secondly, i am working on my tweak also, so far i have found that the following works for me.

try lowering your tras to 6, there is a formula for it that works wonders. usually it is, CAS latency + tRCD + 2 clock cycles.

to me it seems that tRFC works best on Auto, i could be wrong but i usually have probs otherwise.

also through my experience so far it seems that the tRRD, tWR, tWTR, tRWT, and tREF are somewhat sensitive with this ram. just follow the guide in the forums.

EDIT: oh ya and try raising your DRAM voltage to 3.3V, that helped me as well, this RAM is rated for high voltage so go ahead and try it, a little extra power can go a long way. i was reaching better numbers once i moved it to 3.3V from 3.2V.

good luck.

Building my first a64 system, and alas its not even for me... But I do get to play with it before it gets picked up..

Quick and dirty..

Lanparty SLI DR Bios 623-3

ocz gold pc 3200

4200x2

default mem timings..

104% on cpu voltage

2.7 on mem voltage.

Still tweaking.. but its prime 95 stable at 245x10, but 1 of the two cores is prime 95 stable at 265x10 overnight while the other one bombs out in under a minute.. What a bummer... :)

by bumping it up to 3.3 you have to move the jumper to the 4v position correct ? i was iffy on doing that since i have read alot of people having stability issues and heat issues when moving the jumper ?

basically so far, ran it 20 hours stable in prime95 at 220.5 , seems its all i could get out of it with these settings. 245 fsb on the cpu, need better cooling for more on that it would seem haha :cool:

im actually at 3.4v... try that..

my current settings..

DRAM Configuration Settings:

Command Per Clock (CPC) - Enable

CAS Latency Control (Tcl) - 2.0

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd) - 02 Bus Clocks

Min RAS# active time (Tras) - 06 Bus Clocks

Row precharge time (Trp) - 02 Bus Clocks

Row Cycle time (Trc) - 9 Bus Clocks

Row refresh cyc time (Trfc) - 17 Bus Clocks

Row to Row delay (Trrd) - 02 Bus Clocks

Write recovery time (Twr) - 3 Bus Clocks

Write to Read delay (Twtr) - 1 Bus Clocks

Read to Write delay (Trwt) - 3 Bus Clocks

Refresh Period (Tref) - 3120 Cycles

Write CAS Latency (Twcl) - 1

DRAM Bank Interleave - Enabled

DQS Skew Control - Auto

DQS Skew Value - 0

DRAM Drive Strength - 3

DRAM Data Drive Strength - 1

Max Async Latency - 9.0

Dram responce time - Normal

Read Preamble Time - 8.0

IdleCycle Limit - 128

Dynamic Counter - Disable

R/W Queue Bypass - 16 x

Bypass Max - 07 x

32 Byte Granularity - Disable(8 Bursts)

PCI-E Payload: 256

wow thats some pretty nice overclocking you got there :nod:

So no problems for either of you guys with moving the jumper to the 4v position and upping the voltage ?

5v feed is fine. just put a fan in that top right corner of the board and have a fan on the dimms from 2.9v+.

dont go below 3.3 while on 5v feed.

OCZ does not recommend using the 4V JP17 option. Buy a RAM booster instead.

yes they do. ocz enourages overclocking and using the 4V jumper that's why they have their perormance series. they wouldn't have specifically designed their high voltage ram if they didn't intend for it to be used that way, that's why their perfoance series is under warranty up to 3.4V in some models. you don't need a ram booster, don't waste your money. i am using the 4V jumper, there are no problems with it, you just have to find the settings that work best for you. i suggested 3.3v b/c its plenty of power for 250fsb, even 3.2V is, but do what you feel comfortable with.

yes they do. ocz enourages overclocking and using the 4V jumper that's why they have their perormance series. they wouldn't have specifically designed their high voltage ram if they didn't intend for it to be used that way, that's why their perfoance series is under warranty up to 3.4V in some models. you don't need a ram booster, don't waste your money. i am using the 4V jumper, there are no problems with it, you just have to find the settings that work best for you. i suggested 3.3v b/c its plenty of power for 250fsb, even 3.2V is, but do what you feel comfortable with.

Try this link:

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11999