Issues with SLI-DR nForce4 SLi?

Corsair is the daddy RAM and Dfi hav problems with it omfg!!!

some might believe this, but I sure don't. Their modules have a pretty high incompatibility rate with our boards (and I've tried about 20+ corsair modules...most don't work without some serious mind boggling tweaking, or they just don't work at all)

my corsair chips (see sig) work ok, they do not like to go over ~210mhz though.

stephenc, or anyone else how do you get 5.1 volts in to those things??? mine only goes up to like 3.4 or something, I would like to try to ram as much voltage in those puppies as possible, as I am planning to get pc4000 soon.

EDIT: nevermind I am not crazy after all, I read your sig wrong, but still, what speed do you have your corsair at stephenc? I am curious if you have been able to obtain a higher speed with those timings.

Sorry, I can not help you on that. I am running at stock speeds. I want to make a few changes to my system first. Got that scheduled for the end of July. I did not buy my motherboard with plans of overclocking, but I am getting the itch. :)

well Corsair hav always been regarded as the daddies I suppose, but I tell you who is reliable you could set your watch by their ram lmao.

crucial ram - if i didnt hav corsair it would be crucial for me.

their website is wicked, lists all compatibility with millions of motherboards ranging from socket A to 939...

you got say thats a useful place espec if Dfi are bit funny about certain RAM :cool:

some might believe this, but I sure don't. Their modules have a pretty high incompatibility rate with our boards (and I've tried about 20+ corsair modules...most don't work without some serious mind boggling tweaking, or they just don't work at all)

Corsair is doing fine for me.

Running 220 FSB @ 2.80v (2.5,3,3,8)

Just leave every thing in auto as far as ram settings at first and see what your mobo likes.

Then tweak Cas Latency down to 2.5 instead of 3.

DO bring your dim voltage up to 2.8v first.

Other than 2.5 Cas latency and 2.8v everything else has been left un changed for now.

Still struggling with my machine at the mo. Everything at stock speeds. PCIex 101 Mhz, RAM voltage 2.8v/2.9v, all peripherals unplugged (USB Mouse/KB/Printer/Headset/Joystick) and using PS2 KB/Mouse.

Machine rock solid when it boots up, never had a more stable platform. Just sometimes, when it's knickers get in a twist, I get weeks (like the past fortnight...) when it takes me a good 20/30 minutes to get it into Windows :(

POST > Loading Windows > BSoD > spontaneous reboot > rinse'n'repeat

Just upgraded BIOS to 510-2, and only had a single BSoD in the past 2 days during bootup... Failing that, I may hitting the component shop again for different RAM/PSU/HD - been a while since I spent some money on this PC, my bank manager must be getting worried :)

You can't be more right than that ! :)

Took me 1 and a half month to make mine work like I wanted.

First took me 2 weeks to marginally realise what is holding me.

Than I got each and every BIOS that can be flashed on the board, and finally settled with 623-1.

623-1 working great with SanDiego and 2x512 Corsair4400C25 (in my sig).

Can boot with 350 1:1 and do some benches but still not stable (will see bout that ;) )

"Corsair is the daddy RAM, which everyone who knows nothing about memory buys and Dfi hav problems with it omfg!!!"

;)