New Zalman Cooler

Guest Blooz1_merged

Guest Blooz1

Anybody seen this new Zalman CNPS9500-LED cooler yet?

LINK

"Figure-8" heat pipes - think it'll work as they say? Price is steep, but there's obviously a lot of work gone into it!

it will probably be a great cooler comming from zalman, something for all those who like quiet cooling anyway. personally, my performance:quietness divider is currently set at 10:1

Guest Blooz1

That was MY first reaction - $75 for a cooler?

If you stop and think about it, a whole lot of labor must go into manufacturing this thing! I can't see it being assembled by a machine.

I have seen that cooler, and as soon as it come out i will purchase it, as i always seem to go with zalman for my cooling solutions (air anyways).

I am sure it is made to rival the xp-90c

I have seen that cooler, and as soon as it come out i will purchase it, as i always seem to go with zalman for my cooling solutions (air anyways).

I am sure it is made to rival the xp-90c

Yea, but that Z is $75 & the XP-90 is only $25! :shake: ($30-$40 with fan)

Zalmans are things of beauty; the only reason I got a window side panel for my case was so that I could look at my pair of Zalman VF700-Cu's :D .

This "Zalman CNPS9500-LED Aero Flower Cooler, Copper " is beautiful too, but I'm not going to race out and buy one to replace my utilitarian XP-90 :) .

This thing weighs half a kilo, and some of that weight is 125mm away from the board that it is attached to. That is a little too much leverage on the board (in a tower case) for me. If I had a desktop case, I'd get one (once the price became reasonable) :nod:

Just my $0.02 :cool:

cheers,

ricey

I agree that the weight this thing needs to be taken into consideration. It does look sweet though. I love getting new toys for the rig.. I replace things that work fine every six months or so. LOL I am getting a deal on a Danger Den setup from a friend so water cooling may be the next toy soon. That xp-90 is hard to beat if you get it set up right with the proper thermal paste, lapping etc etc.