Battlefield 2 Issues

Pihrana

i just got 2GB RAM and BF2 runs silky smooth at DDR454. however, i'm at a complete loss as to how at DDR500 i'm 100% memtest stable (9+ hours) but BF2 will crash. it is b/c the game's buggy or because the game's more RAM-intensive than even memtest?

So system doesn't overclock as good with 4 modules as it was with 2???

Angry Games, care to explain what to do, or what to expect, or to acept this fate? :sad:

/Edit

Nevermind, just rechecked Vega's signature and the amount of ram is 2 x 1 gb modules.

Me bad, me muy malo... oops :P

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kronos

I tried 1280X1024 last night with everything maxed and still had no issues. I plan on maxing everything once I get my BFG 7800 GTX OC sometime in the near future. (DELL is slow at shipping...)

It's odd, but my system runs like butter at 1600X1200 with everything set at high. (lighting is medium and AA at 2X)

There isn't an array fast enough to avoid stuttering when virtual memory is used... I have a 4 HDD array and still suffer the same problem, at least the first 5 minutes of a game; after that game is very smooth since all the system moves into virtual memory :)

Ok, I think I will order 2 more 512 mb modules of OCZ Plat Rev2 from NewEgg.

The glitching you see at the beginning of BF2 is that punkbuster is scanning your drives, updating its hack list and all kinds of other crap..... I am a beta tester for Americas army, and we get the same thing with it as well. Also the game is loading all those textures into the video card, at least thats what I've read somewhere, don't know if its true or not. But I do know that punkbuster screws with the game at load time and after you enter the map. I just find a place to hide under cover for a bit and let it do its thing. ;)

i just got 2GB RAM and BF2 runs silky smooth at DDR454. however, i'm at a complete loss as to how at DDR500 i'm 100% memtest stable (9+ hours) but BF2 will crash. it is b/c the game's buggy or because the game's more RAM-intensive than even memtest?

Don't quote me, but I believe it to be the added timing fluctuations with extended addressing taking place when using the higher density modules. My suggestion would be to refine your memory timings a bit more to account for the increased signal length.

But, hey, this is only a speculative guess-timation of what could be causing the issue you are experiencing. It could be something entirely different. ;)

Have you tried Prime95 In place Large FFT's test?

Also, in 3D global settings... or the setting for BF2... what do you have in the texture quality slider? the Max? if so, move the slider lowering the value one point.

I had a lot of troubles with this setting, I think its because it makes the video cards even hotter, or because there is a bug with the drivers. However the game runs very good now with the default setting.

Also, and IMHO, the game is filled with bugs... guy who made it did it with his feet instead of hands :rolleyes: