Battlefield 2 Issues

Pihrana

ive got 2x1024MB OCZ 2-3-5-2 modules that OCZ shipped me out today (or tomorrow) coming.

I've tested these modules for r1derbike's rig, but never had a chance to overclock it (after having it for 8 weeks or so....I just wanted it to work at stock speed and let the dude have it back so he could enjoy the $3000 he spent on all the stuff for it lol)

I will be testing these 2x1024MB in different configs and even overclocking them. They were good for his machine...I expect they will be good for many machines...but we'll see.

and keep in mind, probably 96% of us use 1GB of RAM...so that leaves very few of us with day-in/day-out experience with 2GB...there might be little quirks that are just normal but we don't have enough experience with it yet to realize that it is normal...

and lets not even talk about the whole plethora of configs that we'll have to test out using 1GB modules...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lots of good posts there! i will try out all those ideas. thanks, guys!

acegoober, what timings are you thinking about, specifically? i've been working on all of em, adjusting them to their more stable settings but no luck still.

sorrento, my video card never goes over 62C @load. can't remember what texture setting i'm using but i WANT to use at least high.

You do understand that doing Alt-Tab to check the temperature drops them at a rate of 5 deg per second? By the time you see the temperature reading, it could be nearly 12 deg lower.

I had dual monitors with only one 6800 GT, and this is what happened in front of my eyes :eek2:

Maybe yours is diferent... what ever the temperature is or was, my system didn't like Direct3D games with maximum quality textures.

textures.. one fellow clan mate saw that high resulted in use of his page file 1.3gb usage , and medium textures used 830mb overall of his ram.

Vega, sorry I made a huge mistake... I thought, don't know why, that you had a nVidia video card... I think I confused your signature with someone else's. As such, disregard my suggesions.

What I can suggest is to install ATI Tool, the utility that can stay at system tray and tells you the temperatures of the video card. You can also overclock from there. It also has a very nice graph (Time vs. Temp) so you know what the temperature was during the game, there is also a LOG... arghh, ATI is way cooler than nVidia :sweat:

http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

I can play BF2 with all video settings cranked to max except AA. If I set AA from 0 to 4x, it gets REALLY choppy. Haven't tried 2x yet.

Also, the game crashes a lot. Last I checked I was memtest stable but I think I need to do it again, as my BIOS reset for some reason after doing a case swap and I lost all my settings. I can't remember how I made my crappy Corsair memory stable.

Loosen the timings up a bit such as CAS 3-4-4-10 or 11

Don't think I need to do anything that drastic, I had it memtest stable for 14+ hours at 2-2-2-5 by just changing the Drive Strength, if I recall. But I'll try this for BF2 if it's still unstable.

Thats a good suggestion... if you can't find the problem that causes the crashes Minsc, then something as radical as what AceGoober suggested would be the right way to find once and for all if the ram is unstable or not.

LOL, also its funny to listen to advice from a guy with this avatar:

ace7sl.gif

:rolleyes: