3000+ venice maxed out at 2800?

I'm running a Venice 3000+ 0517 APJW stable at 2800 with 1.440v on boxed cooler and figured since the volts are so low I should easily be able to hit higher clocks with more voltage. But, I can't! I've tried a ton of combinations and still no luck:

CPU VID StartUp Value

CPU VID Control

CPU VID Special Control

LDT Voltage Control

Chip Set Voltage Control

I've gotten the machine up and running into Windows at 2900 and 2950 with around 1.600V, but I can't get it prime stable. I'm willing to accept 2800 as my max clock, unless others out there firmly believe this proc is capable of more! :D

Thanks in advanced for any promising advice...

Can you post the voltage you are using in order to achieve 2800mhz?

2800MHz prime stable:

CPU VID StartUp Value - 1.325v

CPU VID Control - 1.325v

CPU VID Special Control - 113%

LDT Voltage Control - 1.20v

Chip Set Voltage Control - 1.50v

2900MHz non-prime stable:

CPU VID StartUp Value - 1.375v

CPU VID Control - 1.375v

CPU VID Special Control - 123%

LDT Voltage Control - 1.30v

Chip Set Voltage Control - 1.50v

I'm running a Venice 3000+ 0517 APJW stable at 2800 with 1.440v on boxed cooler and figured since the volts are so low I should easily be able to hit higher clocks with more voltage. But, I can't! I've tried a ton of combinations and still no luck:

CPU VID StartUp Value

CPU VID Control

CPU VID Special Control

LDT Voltage Control

Chip Set Voltage Control

I've gotten the machine up and running into Windows at 2900 and 2950 with around 1.600V, but I can't get it prime stable. I'm willing to accept 2800 as my max clock, unless others out there firmly believe this proc is capable of more! :D

Thanks in advanced for any promising advice...

Its a venice, they don't scale well with voltage at all....you have probably reached the limit of your chip, and a damn nice chip it is running 2.8 with 1.45v. Mine has problems getting over 2650 ;)

I too would be happy with that. I have a 3200+ and I couldn't get anything stable above 2.4Ghz, after some lengthy trial and error and multiple bios flashing I have managed to get it stable at 2.5Ghz, will 1:1 on the RAM.

2.8 I would be maga happy with, especially as the 2.7 - 2.8 seems to be the max a venice will do.

Guest nomad
2.8ghz-ish is the wall of 3000+ as i have seen around....

u made a 1ghz jump from ocing.. that's great.. not many chip can do that.. be HAPPY =)

Totally, be very happy. I have a FX-53 that wont do 2.7. Lousy 250Mhz OC on high end liquid. Arrrrrghhh.

Gonna hang tough for a bit then get an X2 I think.