Folding for DIY-Street - Team: DIY-Street - Team #45454 (disease)

RedDem0n

298 members have voted

1. 1.

• Aliens
    • Disease
    • because Angry has a straight-flush and you only got 2 pair
    • other (please post...I don't know what else to fold for besides aliens/disease)

Alright lol just one more question

On my X2 machine in the process tab there are two FAH processes, one named 78 and the other named 80... I'm assuming this is correct

On my Core 2 laptop though, both of the processes are name FahCore_78

That seems wrong to me..?

This is completely normal. On your X2 machine it's actually working on two different "cores" while you Core 2 laptop is actually working on the same "core" just probably different proteins. Here is a little insight into different coresIt might even be the same protein but different Run, Clone, or Generation.

Right now both my cores are working on Protein 6152: p1495_tet_new but one of my cores is working on Run 0, Clone 275, Generation 52 and the other core is working on Run 1, Clone 300, Generation 55.

Here is a little information on everything about EM III and what all the numbers mean.

I hope this helps. :)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normal? It's been going at 100% for about 15 hours...

EMIII.jpg

Full Size

Yeah. The top protein is a patty melt p2124, there's also a p2125. Those take FOREVER. I have my Opteron and it'd take me almost 4 days to finish one of those.

A lot of cores take anywhere from 4 - 36 hours to complete.

Click on the microscope on the top left corner and then highlight box 1 and box 2 and you'll see a box light up that looks like a little man with something behind him and if you hover your mouse over the button it should say "config file info" and check and make sure you have your username and team set up right. If not you can stop the instances and config it there and then start them again no problem.

I'm wondering why it's not giving you estimate time per frame and all the other times. I'll take some screen shots of mine running soon. Is that a Mac you're running it on? That could possibly be the problem but I'm not sure. I'll look around.

IF that is a Mac you're running it on you might want to check this software out. I have not used it though. I'll search around for some other monitoring clients as well.

Heh, its actually Windows XP :)

I have accomplished my goal of a Mac-esque desktop!

Looks like I've got it setup right... I don't need to make an account or anything right?

LOL my n00bness is making me laugh at myself

FAHIII.jpg

Full Size

Nope, no account needed although you will need to complete one Work Unit before you can find yourself on the stats. I'm still wondering why it's not giving you estimated times....

Hmm...

My laptop is showing times:

FAH.jpg

That's good. Maybe if it's still not showing up on your desktop you might want to try and remove and redownload EM III. At least it looks good on your laptop. You can customize the colors of the bars and they have skins and stuff too.