Folding for DIY-Street - Team: DIY-Street - Team #45454 (disease)

RedDem0n

298 members have voted

1. 1.

• Aliens
    • Disease
    • because Angry has a straight-flush and you only got 2 pair
    • other (please post...I don't know what else to fold for besides aliens/disease)

does anyone game while folding? like FPS games..

i let it fold in but have to turn it off during important gaming because whenever it completes a frame it locks up the system for about 5-10 seconds (so thats about twice an hour maybe).

I've never had to stop it on mine when I've been gaoming, but I did run something (can't remember what) that set a cpu priority that was lower than the folding cpu priority so the prog wouldn't run unless I stopped folding.

Also, hdtach kept showing me 0% cpu utilization while I had folding@home running. As soon as I turned it off, I would get my 11% utilization amount.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that client Better than 4.00?? I have to configure something in the console? :confused:

I'm running Graphical client right now :rolleyes:

It's pretty much the same as the 5.02 console version, just some extra features builtin (supposed to be able to set advmethods and forceasm from inside the client instead of having to add them as startup parameters).

what I did to transition from graphical to console service version ..

1. Let your current wu finish and upload data + dl new wu, then stop the client

2. make sure that the graphical client is stopped and remove the startup entry from the start menu.

3. DL the console service client version 5.02 or 5.04, save it in your existing folding dir.

4. Navigate to the folding dir, dbl click the console client .. answer all of the questions (most should be set already, but you might need to set to accept large wu and you will need to answer yes to run as a service).

5. Let it run in the console window for a few minutes ... it will either pick up the wu that is currently downloaded, or may have to dl a new one for you (that's why I said to let your current wu finish).

6. Onnce it finds the existing or finishes dl a new wu and starts folding, hit ctrl-c , right click my computer -> manage -> services and applications -> services -> FAH@xxx start the FAH service. It will be set to auto start with windows, so after any restarts you won't have to get into services again, plus, once it is running asa service, there is no console or tray icon.

If you want to check the progress of the current folding wu, open the file called unitinfo.txt .. it will give you % complete + the name of wu if you want to track howq many points it's worth

It's pretty much the same as the 5.02 console version, just some extra features builtin (supposed to be able to set advmethods and forceasm from inside the client instead of having to add them as startup parameters).

what I did to transition from graphical to console service version ..

1. Let your current wu finish and upload data + dl new wu, then stop the client

2. make sure that the graphical client is stopped and remove the startup entry from the start menu.

3. DL the console service client version 5.02 or 5.04, save it in your existing folding dir.

4. Navigate to the folding dir, dbl click the console client .. answer all of the questions (most should be set already, but you might need to set to accept large wu and you will need to answer yes to run as a service).

5. Let it run in the console window for a few minutes ... it will either pick up the wu that is currently downloaded, or may have to dl a new one for you (that's why I said to let your current wu finish).

6. Onnce it finds the existing or finishes dl a new wu and starts folding, hit ctrl-c , right click my computer -> manage -> services and applications -> services -> FAH@xxx start the FAH service. It will be set to auto start with windows, so after any restarts you won't have to get into services again, plus, once it is running asa service, there is no console or tray icon.

If you want to check the progress of the current folding wu, open the file called unitinfo.txt .. it will give you % complete + the name of wu if you want to track howq many points it's worth

I copied the .exe to my F@H folder, click .exe and it start without asked nothing is this normal? :confused:

I copied it to the .exe: -advmethods -forceSSE -verbosity 9 is good?

I'm using Trayit :nod: