Folding for DIY-Street - Team: DIY-Street - Team #45454 (disease)

RedDem0n

298 members have voted

1. 1.

• Aliens
    • Disease
    • because Angry has a straight-flush and you only got 2 pair
    • other (please post...I don't know what else to fold for besides aliens/disease)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent given up guys.. I did however stop folding with my work computer.. Its just a pos dell and I really didnt want to take a chance leaving it on 24-7.

The rig in my sig isnt even in a case and I dont feel comfortable leaving it on when its not housed in a case 24-7.. especially when im not home..

I have been folding here and there with my NF3 rig but it was too hot in my room to leave it on 24-7.. But now that its getting colder I'll prolly leave it up more.. :nod:

You all are doing a great job though..!!

ya, it looks like alot of people started but gave up, only 36 active out of 81 users.

I apologize for my lack of recent contribution, but don't write me off just yet.

There just isn't enough hours in the day. I went from 7(?) boxes running to nothing... terrible. But not without reasons, stopped running on my work pc, just an old PIII but got a few WU's out. (for ref. less than a year ago I was using an IBM Pentium 200MHZ w/64MB RAM!...painful)

ya, it looks like alot of people started but gave up, only 36 active out of 81 users.

I apologize for my lack of recent contribution, but don't write me off just yet.

There just isn't enough hours in the day. I went from 7(?) boxes running to nothing... terrible. But not without reasons, stopped running on my work pc, just an old PIII but got a few WU's out. (for ref. less than a year ago I was using an IBM Pentium 200MHZ w/64MB RAM!...painful)

The wife panics ever time I go near her Mac and won't let F@H run. G4 cube upgraded from 400MHz to 1.2 GHz 1.5 GB Ram, The first computer I tore apart...without the wifes knowledge or permission....maybe that is why she panics!

My Mac, (yeah I swing both ways) G4 MDD 2x1.25GHz, 1.25GB Ram, 4600ti, 2x160GB Raid 0 via PCI card. I have some HD corruption, it's been at least three years since I have formatted the drives. And I mainly use it for Movies, Music and

Peer to Peer (I won't P2P on a PC, all the "bad stuff" is harmless on a Mac) Without exagerrating, 8400GB of video data alone minimum has been processed, so I guess I can justify a format and install. But I want to add at least 1 more drive and need some pieces of the puzzle to fall into place.

And finally a questionable decision on my part, you decide for your self. I arranged a multiple party parts swap where I gave up:

amd 64 3400+ mobile

DFI NF3 250 GB

SLK948U

Ahnix Midtower Case

and recieved:

15" NEC LCD monitor

5700LE 128MB

Socket A 2400+ Sempron

Generic midtower case

23" Apple Widescreen Cinema Display

So I have gone back to my LPB and have been tweeking this thing for over 3 weeks and still haven't found the "optimum config", To give you an idea of the extent of my OCD I have had F.E.A.R. for 2 weeks I might have gotten in an hour or so of gaming. I still don't even have the front panel hooked up the board.

I also have enough hardware to setup a "gameable" HTPC and a lowgrade "server" mainly for data storage and network acess that I need to get up and running. And in the meantime take a look at my Moms HP and do a full install and setup.

So add all this up, add a house that needs more work than I have money, and my

"new" 8mo old baby boy.

OK I am done whining, now I need to apologize for being longwinded.

There just ain't enough hour in a day...

Oh yeah...as I get all these machines up and running, they will be folding.