Folding for DIY-Street - Team: DIY-Street - Team #45454 (disease)

RedDem0n

298 members have voted

1. 1.

• Aliens
    • Disease
    • because Angry has a straight-flush and you only got 2 pair
    • other (please post...I don't know what else to fold for besides aliens/disease)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really appreciate all the hard work and dedication everyone has put into this team. I know it means a lot to us all and to those that have had these diseases affect their lives in one way or another. I for one, along with others on this forum that have shared their stories, have had my family affected by cancer.

I feel that we need to boost our recruitment. Yes, we have been able to attract a few newcomers to fold for the cause but as I look at EOC it shows that there are only approximately 30 users that are currently folding. This forum can do MUCH better than that.

There are proper and improper ways to go about recruiting people. I do not want anyone to feel like they are being pushed or pressured into folding for the team. However, I know that by just mentioning the project and how it has the possibilities for bettering society as a whole I have been able to attract a couple people on the forums to start folding. If you have friends or family that you know that might be willing to run the client on their computer (even if it is just the standard no nonsense text only console client), you might want to talk to them and possibly set it up as a service under your username and team 45454. Stats are fun, but the science is what matters most.

Well, my mom just did my taxes for me (FTW!) and I'll be getting back $400 total.

This is money that I wasn't expecting and therefore it will be spending money.

I'm thinking of putting together a cheap 3600+ Brisbane rig with that money (or maybe a PS3 make more sense... gaming + folding)

But first I have 2 Core 2 Duo folders that need to be put together...

Does anyone have any input on the PS3 vs. PC debate?

Hey Tasr have you got that opty 170 up and running yet?
Raiderfan, I think it just got delivery today. :) I wouldn’t be home for a few more hours. So I’ll need a little more time.

Well, my mom just did my taxes for me (FTW!) and I'll be getting back $400 total.

This is money that I wasn't expecting and therefore it will be spending money.

UncleDavid, first thing first. Take your mom out to dinner.

Then buy computer stuff…………hehehe