Should My 3d Mark Scores Be Better?

aquiesce

I think so anyway??

I was wondering if you guys could tell me, should i get better scores than 15252 with my setup in 3DMark2001SE??

Asus P4C800 Deluxe Mobo (With Latest BIOS)

P4 2.8 (800Mhz FSB) Just got a P7 Spark Thermaltake all copper Heatsink and Fan 6560 RPM!! so that should help cool things when i Overclock the CPU if i can actuallly find out the voltage settings etc :)

1 GIG PC3200 400Mhz Ram

80 GIG SATA MAxtor

Gigabyte 128MB Radeon 9800Pro @ 8XAGP

Thermaltake Purepower PSU

Windows XP with SP1

All in a THermaltake Xaser II Case with no less than 8 Fans

I spent quite a bit of money building this system from what was left of my old one :) and I would like to at least be getting in the 20000 3D Marks I think

I may be wrong but from what i have read this seems easily possible there are ppl with lesser systems than mine getting much higher scores

Thanks for your time fellas

Cheers

Aquiesce

hey:

Your numbers aren't bad at all, they can be better but I don't think you will see 20,000 without some major OC to the video card.....

With your rig I'd expect 16,500 to 17,500.

I can do 18,500 with mine stable and 19500 with a few bumps but I just don't see 20K without some huge tweaks..

As far as other people with higher scores I see that all the time when people "talk" about the numbers but look how many don't have the posted pics.... Hmmmmm

Most of the guys scoring over 20k have OC'ed cards and crazy memory bandwidth by running PC3700 in synch with the FSB. 15252 is low though for a 9800PRO...I run 14400 on a OC'ed 9500PRO. I would expect the higher end of the spectrum of what Lantom said... that is to say upwards of 17k.

Yeah that is what i thought. The scores i am talking about are comparisons from futuremarks site, I have used Riva Tuner to up the GPU Core Clock to 420 and the memory to 720 but that actually lowered my score thats what was puzzling me. Also I dont exactly know everything about o/c a P4 Im not daft or anything but its just something that I have not done a lot of but would like to get into and I havent got a clue about o/c my system memory speeds????

So if anyone could give me a starting point with any of these settings I will set about tweaking things and see how my score goes, I will post my new scores in here if they get better:)

Cheers