NF3 250Gb>Games Stuttering.. Mobo At Fault?

Hey folks, I have this issue too, but just in 3DMark 03 and 05...if it does occur in games, I haven't noticed it yet...but!!! I think this may have to do with Creative Soundblaster cards OR an IRQ confilct that these cards and their respective drivers are causing...

Now the reason I say this is that I have been plagued with this problem since my NF2 board (Abit) days...I was wondering what the common factor was here, but as soon as I get home I am gonna pull that card out and see if that doesnt' just resolve the issue...now that I think about it, the issue only started occuring when I put that stupid sound card back in (I was using the onboard soundstorm on the NF7-S prior to that)

One question: Does anyone with this issue NOT have a Creative card of some flavor or another?

hifi

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks, I have this issue too, but just in 3DMark 03 and 05...if it does occur in games, I haven't noticed it yet...but!!! I think this may have to do with Creative Soundblaster cards OR an IRQ confilct that these cards and their respective drivers are causing...

Now the reason I say this is that I have been plagued with this problem since my NF2 board (Abit) days...I was wondering what the common factor was here, but as soon as I get home I am gonna pull that card out and see if that doesnt' just resolve the issue...now that I think about it, the issue only started occuring when I put that stupid sound card back in (I was using the onboard soundstorm on the NF7-S prior to that)

One question: Does anyone with this issue NOT have a Creative card of some flavor or another?

hifi

Best solution is to make sure you have the latest Creative drivers installed and do a custom installation to eliminate the bloat. Also turn off unnecessary Creative processes. And position the sound card on the bottom-most slot possible, as far away from the video card as you can. Then make sure you have your BIOS set to allow the IRQs to be configured automatically and disable anything you don't use in BIOS (i.e. firewire, USB, Serial Port, extra IDE or SATA channels, onboard sound, etc.)

try diagnosing your harddrive ect. try testing things and you will find your answer. i had a problem like this and it happend to be one of my harddrives was screwing up my whole computer.

*see sig notes*

Tom

I am using onboard sound, so that's not my problem. However, I am using USB surround sound headphones, which i thought could pose a problem, but even with them uninstalled, I still have the problem. I think there must be a compatibility issue with my hard drive, although my friend has the same model and it works fine with his UT nf3.

Hello,

What happens if you unistall the nvidia chipset drivers.

Then only install your AGP driver in the 5.10 package.

Then install the rest found in the NF4 package (it will work)

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp2k_6.53

Dont install the firewall (network access manager)

Install the IDE or leave it out, up to you.

Then restart the PC and see what happens.

I had already tried that, but I tried it again anyway. Doesn't work. I mean the drivers work, but the freezing doesn't change.

Hello,

Those drivers are a tad outdated.

Try with the new drivers (7.13):

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/...tional_whql.exe