NF3 250Gb>Games Stuttering.. Mobo At Fault?

Try updating your .net software. SP2 or something.

I know it's weird, but updating .net fixed the degrading performance issue I was getting in EQ2. A few other people said it fixed their stuttering issue that you are reporting. Worth a shot. /shrug.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

What happens if you unistall the nvidia chipset drivers.

Then only install your AGP driver in the 5.10 package.

Then install the rest found in the NF4 package (it will work)

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp2k_6.53

Dont install the firewall (network access manager)

Install the IDE or leave it out, up to you.

Then restart the PC and see what happens.

You know Sharp, I did this...went home uninstalled the NForce drivers and my ATI drivers (this is on my other system that is having the issue) and reinstalled just the GART driver...I then rebooted and installed the new Catalysts (5.7's) and what do you know? It worked...until I rebooted again...then 3DMark 05 and 03 began to stutter again...

It seems totally software/driver related...heck, it could be the memory controler or something...I don't know, but it is definately not hardware. I repeated this over and over (well 3X) to verify and each time, the first time after the Graphics driver install (and subsequent reboot) it would work smooth as butter, however upon another reboot (with no changes made whatsoever) it would begain to stall again...how frustrating!!

hifi

ea games, good luck. have constant stutter issues / sims 2. hl2 may be overclock is too high?

i had a bf 2 prob as well..my rig would qualify for toaster stable at 10x250 but as soon as i dropped my oc to 10x240 no more stuttering...it could be your overclock

I have the EXACT same problem, as SniperKil described. At first i thought, that my Hitach PATA drive might've caused it. I got a new SATA-II one and it did fix the issue slightly. But still, same place, same games. Benchmark scores are ok.

I'm 100% sure, that this is NOT caused by software. So far i tested almost all of my components and i bring it down either it's my GFX or the MOBO. Doesn't look like the GFX..

I am not sure if you have tried this but a friend had a similar problem and it turned out to be a compatability issue with the Vid card not working with the MB with the bios set to AGP Fast writes.

Try turning OFF AGP Fast writes in the bios and see if that helps.

Friend did this and his pausing/stuttering problems went away and he gained 2000 marks in 3DMark 2003 by doing this.

Just a possibility.

Edit: Just noticed you have a PCIe vid card. So I guess this will not be a possible solution for you after all... but I will leave this in case anyone has similar problems with AGP cards.

Edit2: Heh, I just realised that I was looking at not the original posters hardware list but someone elses with a similar problem. The original poster doesn't specify if his vid card is AGP or PCIe, so maybe it is a problem with the Vid card not working with AGP fast writes turned on... Anyway, let us know if it makes a difference.

Mine used to freeze for about 4-5 seconds at a time, go for a second, then freeze for another 4-5. Turning off fast writes is what got me to the point where it freezes less often, but it definately did not stop it.

Well, my problem is solved, so this is mainly for SniperKil. I changed the GFX BIOS so that the core gets 1.4V instead of 1.3V. I have included the link to my thread which has links to a flashing tool and a bios editor on the second page.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...70&page=2&pp=15

I know you're having a slightly different problem in that it freezes at the same spots every time while mine froze randomly, but I hope this helps. :D Good luck!