PC built by Microbytes (in Montreal), did they do a good job in terms

RahulM

Yup, great job there, theres plenty wires. Don't know what these guys are on about ^ :D

Lol, seriously, i thought mine was bad but it ain't a patch on that! :P

I'd definitely do a bit of rearranging at least. I don't have the best wiring job(not compared to a lot of these guys anyway) but i got it sorted so it don't block my air flow and get nice cool case temps...

casetemp5ca.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same case as you. When I was doing the cable management, I tucked most of the excess power supply cable up behind the 5.25 drive frame. What was too awkward or too big to fit there, I coiled into the spare 5.25 drive bays. I also used tie-wraps to keep everything in line and tidy. My IDE cables got tucked away inside the 5.25 drive frame as well. Sata cable was kinda hanging there in the middle, but I arranged it so it was neat and it's so small that its effect on cooling is negligible. Far as the front panel is concerned, most of that I coiled behind the hard drive enclosure.

Curious, what did they do with the duct on the side panel that is supposed to line up with your HSF? On these boards it obviously doesn't, because of the relocated CPU socket and RAM layout on the board. Mine is just kinda hanging there, close to the HSF but not right over top of it.

J

You know it is not as bad assome people make it out to be- as far as air flow. People with much better looking righs probibly have worse airflow.

They obviously did not put much effort into making it look neat if it had a window on the side I would be handing it back to them. Check your hard drive temps with speed fan or your tool of choice. If the temps are too high you can move the drives into the fan airflow more of course that is going to reduce the good airflow you have for the videocards and CPU.

You can tuck it all into the back of the case to make it look neater and the extra wire into the bays of cource this might hurt your temps and dont take the other side panel off or it will look a mess that way ;)

100_0900.jpg

100_0903.jpg

Just wondering if it could have been done more efficiently, thanks guys.

EDIT: One 6800 idles at 51, the other at 55, are these good temps?

OMG, they should be ASHAMED of themselves!

Guest coldcase

Sorry but this is a crappy job with the wires...it's a mess. I'd start over and ask for a refund if they charged you for that. :eek2:

Customer: WTF?!? You call this a wiring job?

Counter Guy: We did a special for you. No charge!

C: Special in what way? The Rat Nest look?

CG: Normally you pay extra for that kind of wiring job.

C: Pay EXTRA?!? You gotta be kiddin' me?!?

CG: Nope! It contributes to turbulent airflow which cools the components better.

C: OMBWTFBBQ

CG: Yup! Boss read about it on DFI-Street! Comes highly recommended!

C: (sound of swallowing his own tongue)

Hahahaha... ah damn it... :rolleyes:

Oh well, live and learn, I'll fix it up once I know the ins and outs. Right now, I'm just afraid of blowing it up. I panicked today cause I couldn't get the side panel back on the computer... it turned out that my hoodie's string was in the way. :P

Wow, just wow. I would be ashamed of myself if I let something like that out into the world.

If you can get your hands on anything you can destroy then by all means practice on another *(junk) Pc untill you fell comfortable with routeing the wireing harness. Call and make sure you dont void any warranty's (oops) if you decide to get crazy and rewire it. *(Either way I would call and tell them it sucked.)

Your HD's have a fan on them pushingair in from the front of the case.. For extra insurance you can (I would) add a slot fan in the (bottom left) PCI slot to try and pull some extra air accross before it seeps upwards into the rest of the PC. A dremmel tool and a case mod are possibly in order to get max airflow through the HD's if they run to hot. That means a total un & reinstall of the PC all the way to the mobo and thats a pretty big undertaking. I would stick with a pci (slot) fan in the rear (5 bucks) and see if that didn't help a bit. *(after that its time to consider a blowhole up top .)

Also I have seen some take another fan and zip tie it just left of the HD's to have it blow on the chipset fan. *(which will also increase flow and draws from the HD cage area.)

Run it, check your temps carefully, if they are acceptable, then go with what you got till you level up in skills and are ready to rewire it. *(really not that hard just time consuming.)

I haven't sleeved anything yet ever, but I use 40 + wire ties and spend an hour or so on any case and wire tie job I do. Nothing fancy or worth sending pics of.

With patience, a good zip tie job will increase airflow in the case.

(and with those two vid cards, you will prolly need it.)

It just takes doing it a few times to figure out the amount of pull needed to unseat some connections. I have had many a bloody knuckle from a difficult molex *(4 pin) connector as I use hands only when removing connectors / plugs.

Also, I cant emphasize enough that you use appropriate anti static meaures / protection if you decide to rewire it. *(*anti static wrist thingy and standard procedure to preground self.)

Best of luck with it.

http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=msi6800u&page=3

*(see pic) Same card right ? ?????

As I see it the fan on the HD's is pushing air to the nf4 chipset area and so are the Video Card fans. I would watch my temps in that area.

Vid card intake (interior)>-air-->(chipset)<-air---

EDIT : paste link in blank window and it will load.