PC built by Microbytes (in Montreal), did they do a good job in terms

RahulM

What kind of temps are good for the components?

I want everythin under 50C though except for the HD that is not aan option. I have run my intel P4 in the 50's for years with no problems. It would be better if it was cooler for overclocking but not completly needed..... not that I did not work to get my DFI into the 30's. The HD is a must in the 40's or lower in my book though the manufacturers dont require that. It is such a pain recovering fragmented files and many you never can recover if the HD is corrupted.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn! I haven't seen a crappy wiring job like that in a long time. I totally agree with ExRoadie - pull all the cables out and start over, as long as it doesn't void your warranty by doing so. I would be quite tempting to let them know they did a poor job.

Again, I urge you not to touch the wiring. The builder will certainly blame YOU for any issues with the rig. txmale36 has the right idea. Go back and be as diplomatic as possible and let them know you are not satisfied.

Here's an old article but has ExRoadie has pointed out on numerous occasions. SATA Cables should NOT be bent or especially wire-tied.

http://www.ata-atapi.com/sata.htm

Holy Moses...

That mess makes mine look like a show piece... (I was still bleeding the loop when I took these, so that's why the water is a nice foamy pink.)

queenann08.jpg

queenann10.jpg

I would definately contact your builder about that. That there has to kill your airflow...