** A64 Overclocking Guide **

Hi THunDa,

nice guide man.

Just about to move over from the old trustie NF2 mobile 2600 combo. Guess its time start making backups etc..

respect..

Thanks dude..

GL with your build.. :)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually stumbled on this thread in guru 3d (wsa sent here by a link for the vcore temp chart, yes im lazy). Great thread, never really tried overclocking a 64 until now, had intel. It answered a lot of questions i was having. Its very detailed which helps a lot, nice job and thanks.

Thanks Soundx.. and silky19kilo.. :)

I know how hard it was for me to grasp oc'n my a64 rig's, so I just wanted to hopefully make it a little easier for some to understand.. One thing I have to say is NEVER get discouraged and NEVER think you know all the tweaks.. Cuz im still learning every dam day..hehe..

Thunda,

Thanks for going into detail! Not only do you tell what everything does, you say it in a way that us here in Noob Land actually understand!

Thank you.. :)

I tried my best to make it as easy to understand as possible..

Welcome to DFI Street .. and dont forget to make a sig with your complete system specs..

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

yo, il have a problem got the new venice 3000+ and nf4 SLI-DR and apacer pc3200 512 and 256 memory sticks, but when i try to rise the fsb over 240 the windows wount boot up instead il get a restart, i set the dram frequency set to 166 beacouse of the crappy ram :nod: , what other settings should i adjust to get more mhz out of the venice, maybe someone can tel me what genie bios settings and dram conf. settings should i use to get my venice working at higher speeds?

yo, il have a problem got the new venice 3000+ and nf4 SLI-DR and apacer pc3200 512 and 256 memory sticks, but when i try to rise the fsb over 240 the windows wount boot up instead il get a restart, i set the dram frequency set to 166 beacouse of the crappy ram :nod: , what other settings should i adjust to get more mhz out of the venice, maybe someone can tel me what genie bios settings and dram conf. settings should i use to get my venice working at higher speeds?

I know this will be single channel.. But do some testing with just the one 512mb stick and see if things work better..

tryed with one 512 stick but didnt get over 250 :confused: dunno what i do wrong the venice cant be that crappy for overclock that it wount go over 2,3ghz with my comp.