** A64 Overclocking Guide **

Just a side note is that you may get better results from one multi over another which is why you may have done better with 245*11. It could also be your ram doesnt want to go that fast but not nescesarily. Bottom line is you just gotta keep messing with it.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im using 1.67V atm. would it be wise to higher the voltage to get more speed out of the cpu? i read something about 1.7V being the max for this kind of processort? Temps are pretty low so im not worried about that...

I would also say that you vcore is to high. Even with my watercooling from aquacomputer I would stay away from voltages > 1.6v. Are you sure that you need so much juice? My Venice will do that settings with only 1.525v.

Gipse

Hi,

not only heat can destroy you cpu. I think high voltage is the main reason for dead cpu´s. Even with sub-zero cooling you can´t compensate volts.

It all depends on how long do you want to use your venice ;) .

Gipse

edit: are you sure that your temps are correct?

If you go here http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823 and check out the oc stickie you'll see the voltage table. I just printed out the table so I'd have it when I'm in the bios. You'll find that by trying different voltages you can end up stable with a different setting that gives the same and sometimes less voltage.

For whatever reason some of values are more stable so it's good to try different ones. A few of the settings you can actually watch dip on smartguardian or in the bios. It will say "1.5" or whatever but if you watch it will sometimes go to 1.47. Obviously this is going to mess up your oc so you should try different setting and test for solidity by priming.

Setting say 1.5 for instance may not give stability but one of %'s that =1.48 might. IF after trying the various 1.4x's don't work you can get real granular and get 1.51 etc. Sounds weird but trust me it's worth messing with. Also the actual voltages that are shown on the table aren't always the same as what the bios will read.

Once you get an idea of about where you need to be try a %, note the actual v in the bios after you reboot, then prime. If it crashes try a different one, not nesessarily higher, then prime again. After a little work you'll find a good one.

If you go here http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823 and check out the oc stickie you'll see the voltage table. I just printed out the table so I'd have it when I'm in the bios. You'll find that by trying different voltages you can end up stable with a different setting that gives the same and sometimes less voltage.

For whatever reason some of values are more stable so it's good to try different ones. A few of the settings you can actually watch dip on smartguardian or in the bios. It will say "1.5" or whatever but if you watch it will sometimes go to 1.47. Obviously this is going to mess up your oc so you should try different setting and test for solidity by priming.

Setting say 1.5 for instance may not give stability but one of %'s that =1.48 might. IF after trying the various 1.4x's don't work you can get real granular and get 1.51 etc. Sounds weird but trust me it's worth messing with. Also the actual voltages that are shown on the table aren't always the same as what the bios will read.

Once you get an idea of about where you need to be try a %, note the actual v in the bios after you reboot, then prime. If it crashes try a different one, not nesessarily higher, then prime again. After a little work you'll find a good one.

Thats right..!

Once you find a ruff stable overclock you gotta work the voltages and timings.. I think thats the funnest part of overclocking.. :nod:

Besides blowing stuff up..hehe..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Thunda, great post. I am trying to overclock my AMD X2 3800+ Toledo, and I just don't know what I am doing wrong. It goes up to 210 x 10 just fine, but once I set it at 220 x 10 my motherboard or bios is resetting itself with some strange beeps, sometimes it doesn't post either. Just wondering if you can e-mail me, [email protected]. I know you have better stuff to do :) but if you can just point me in the right direction somehow, I also do have A I M and other messaging programs, if I can get a holdof you directly somehow it would help alot. Thanks again hope to hear from u soon.

Welcome to the forum lucky.

Obviously you were redirected to this thread from a link in someone's sig at another forum. There is no other way you could have missed the BIG RED "Read The Rules" :)

Devleop your systems specifications into a signature. The Link to the forum riules is below my signature.