NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

OK. Back home. My board was stable today at 1.6v 2500mhz 250x10.

I upped it to 250x10.5 and it made my ram run at 240mhz... Weird...?

Then I changed to 250x11 with 1.6v. No boot, not enough voltage.

Up to 1.7v. Froze in windows.

Up to 1.8v. Seems to be running fine so far for about 10 minutes.

I know, everyone will be thinking, "1.8v!!! That's overkill!"

CPUZ shows only 1.552v under full load. Yup, .25v undervolt.

I don't know why it is so much. I have a healthy strong PSU...

Now to ask my question again for I believe the third time....

Is anyone else's board undervolting as drastically as mine is?!?!?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm are you sure your psu is healthy and strong?? maybe check voltages with a multimeter?? ok you probably are right but i wd hate tothink that you actually are pumping 1.8v into ur cpu.

LOL...yes i have it also ... bios set vcore 1.55v and cpu-z shows 1.44v

i believe that 1.55 is correct because in all other boards NEO2 an A8V i had set vcore at 1.5v+ in order to run this Winnie at 2350MHz

The Vcore settings ARE NOT correct on this board DriveEuro....it's not your board...it's mine too....a quick table for you....(these things will probably be fixed in an Bios update)

1.550 +

0.1 = 1.47v

0.2 = 1.56v

0.3 = 1.61v

0.4 = 1.72v

Also the default startup voltage is wrong FX-55 is 1.44....should be 1.50.

(sorry AG but need to help these people out )

And now to some GOOD NEWS :nod:

Booster works A-ok, just tested a stick of Value VX intensively @ 3.57Vdimm....(3.6 LED) and it works fine....max stable Mhz was 251Mhz on a 60 Dollar memory stick...Impressive.

(Memtest86+ v1.55) Test 5 used...

And once and for all....Dual Channel is either the Orange slots or Yellow slots...not matter what the manual or board imprint says...check it out for yourself if you don't believe me :D

Now to ask my question again for I believe the third time....

DO NOT TRUST CPU-Z's VCORE READING If you do not think it is correct, check it with a multimeter before you assume anything. It is a known issue with CPU-z to not always read voltages correctly, as is the fact that many sensors arent even close to what the hardware is actually recieving. That is the reason the cpu-z verification has never, and probably never will include Vcore into the verification process.

DO NOT TRUST CPU-Z's VCORE READING If you do not think it is correct, check it with a multimeter before you assume anything. It is a known issue with CPU-z to not always read voltages correctly, as is the fact that many sensors arent even close to what the hardware is actually recieving. That is the reason the cpu-z verification has never, and probably never will include Vcore into the verification process.

OK, good, finally some clarification. I'm not the only one with the problem.

Ok... well, show me where to read Vcore? Its not easy to find where to read vcore on a mobo. I have a multimeter, but I aint spending 20 minutes probing everything.

Also added pics of my setup. 100kb limit, what a friggen joke.

Also, the pics are old. I'm not running memory in 1 & 3. It is in 1 & 2 with the booster in 4.

Whats the stock cpu voltage for a San Diego 4000+ ????? my default is showing 1.29v anybody have an idea????

AMD 4000+ San Diego

ADA4000DAA5BN

CABGE 0518UPBW

1249996E50619

Now that i have the chipset drivers install (except Nvidia IDE) Windows boots alot smoother

but if i change memory in the bios to 1T once in windows it crashes

On the Nf3-250Gb the patriot PC3200XBL always ran at 1T

Pics are next !!!!!! Scott

And once and for all....Dual Channel is either the Orange slots or Yellow slots...not matter what the manual or board imprint says...check it out for yourself if you don't believe me
Well like I said, both orange slots is slots 1&3 the yellow slots is 2&4 :)

I just finished properly mounting my pump, and putting on the AMD64 brass top from the acetal XP top on my TDX....taking a break now, but I'll begin putting in the board and having fun with all these problems just like you guys =/

Oh well, lets just hope a new BIOS comes out somewhat quick and it smoothes it out much more than it is now :D

Anyone else having cold boot issues after a lockup?

I'm getting a problem where when CS:S locks up in windows the computer will not cold boot after i turn it off. CS:S locks up with a memory error. It doesn't show an error, but it the computer chimes and the mouse cursor shows up on the screen. The current CS:S image from the game stays on the screen. I can't ALT-TAB or CTRL-ALT-DEL, but the cursor moves around.

So I turn off the comp. Turn it back on and it makes a quick static noise out of my speakers about 3-5 times a second. It continually does this. I have to clear CMOS to make it stop.

Anyone else getting something like this?

Also, the RAM will memtest without a slight problem at all... So I doubt its the mem. Could I still need more vcore? I'm gonna up it to 1.85 (was 1.8) and give it another go.