NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

I have a severe problem with my new NF3 Ultra-D. I just installed it. Moving from an MSI Neo2. It will not boot up with my OCZ VX PC4000 ram. Not together or as a single stick. It boots with my OCZ Value VX though. My ram is NOT bad as it was just working in my Neo2.

Anyone have a clue?

Could this board be suffering from the cold boot problem? I read about the cold boot problem a little on the forum and it seems to possibly be the issue.

OK... Oddd.. Now the memory works fine in 1 & 3. it won't work at all in 2 & 4. Sucks that I can't use my booster because of this. Darn board only goes to 3.1v actual. LAME!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a sec... are cosumers already getting this board?! WTF?!

How/where are you getting these boards already? AG only got his yesterday, didn't he?!

---dens

Are you lost? It's been on sale since the 15th in USA.

Also, I'd like to point out that this board doesn't like my VX ram at all. It only boots up once with it. As soon as I restart the comp or turn it off I get a single long beep. Only clearing cmos fixes it or changing to ram with different chips.

So I'd like to point out, that this board does NOT like VX ram.

OK, I'd further like to point out that some of the times that I restart the computer it refuses to post. All that happens is my speakers keep doing this popping noises, like 5 a second. Removing my sound card doesn't allow it to boot either. I have to clear CMOS to fix it.

Am I the only one with a problematic board ?? ., just my luck.

About the booster, yes I tried it, and it seems to be working, it boots up correctly, tried it up to 3.5 not further, did some Memtest loops (didn't have active cooling at that point with 3.5, so really didn't want to test further)

Vdimm raises and drops accordingly in the bios....Further testing needs to be done before I say it is workin completely like it should

But as AG said, I much rather have a 4v option since I have a Powerstream :)

The other thing that I'd like to point out.. Vcore droops .1v in the bios. In the bios where it displays the Vcore, it shows a .1 undervolt. I'm thinking more and more about going back to my Neo2. I'm sooooooooooo not satisfied with this board so far....

m8.. u're talking about a board that was just a few days old man.. look @ the nf4 boards when it was first out.. compatibility issues etc.. look @ it now.. all the bios releases.. don't jump to conclusion too fast.. have some patience..

Are you lost? It's been on sale since the 15th in USA.

Sorry mate, sometimes things are a little slower down-under ;) (Note my location)

Australia always gets hardware late-as compared to the US. :( You guys are lucky.

---dens

OK. Now for a slight update... The bios is kinda quirky. There is no option in the bios to set DDR 200. So now with my VX it is booting up using the DDR 100 option even though I have it set to AUTO since there is no 200 setting. 166 makes it 166. I can't get it to run 200 now...? I guess I'll have to revert to my OCZ Value VX?

I'm just gonna tinker with this a bit longer. I wish more people had their boards already, I feel alone on this one. TIM isn't using VX ram, so he can't help so much... :-/

UPDATE! This board has a bad vcore problem. Even with the vcore set anywhere from 1.4v to 1.7v I cannot get my San Diego to boot at 2.75ghz. It posts, then restarts. This is with the memory at default speeds even.

I am even using a brand new (as of two days ago) Antec 550 True Power PSU. That and I'm water cooled with a TDX block and 120mm rad. Temps are in the high 30s.

Maybe I have a lemon for a board?

So annoyed with this. I'm going to bed, then work and I'll be able to have my head cleared from this for about 15 hours.

OK, very last update. This board doesn't like OCZ VX especially. Then on top of that it doesn't like OCZ Value VX either. Value VX boots up after a CMOS clear. Real VX will NOT boot up after a cmos clear.

OK, so I can boot up the Value VX fine, and restart fine. But as soon as I turn off the computer completely, all hell breaks out. I power back on the PC and it doesn't post. And from my speakers comes a semi fast popping noise. Happens about 3-5 times a second. Taking out the sound card doesn't make it post either. I have to clear CMOS to get it to post.

Hopefully when I view this thread from work I'll be lucky enough to find some other people with the same problems.

Looks like I can't sell off my Neo2 just quite yet.

m8.. u're talking about a board that was just a few days old man.. look @ the nf4 boards when it was first out.. compatibility issues etc.. look @ it now.. all the bios releases.. don't jump to conclusion too fast.. have some patience..

^^^^

sigh