NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Hurry up guys..nobody has done test @ 300mhz cpu 1:1 with tccd ram...

I need to know

300 1:1 isn't exactly a 5minute accomplishment dude.....that's kind of asking a lot, especially to rush it.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurry up guys..nobody has done test @ 300mhz cpu 1:1 with tccd ram...

I need to know :)

dude...you aint gonna die an unholy death doing the pee-pee dance wondering if it will do 300FSB

calm down a bit...300FSB aint some 30 second accomplishment for those of us that do it right and take our time. I've got a lot more to test/check out than just 'how high will it overclock?'.

remember i work for DFI and my job is to support the board to customers...overclocking is the least of my concerns on a new board I have never seen before.

The temp sensor is all wacky?!?! :(

The temps are all over the place, going from 41c to 60c Load, doesn't stay for 1 second at the same temperature...

what the?

What are your findings Angry_Games?

There was the same problem on msi neo2 too... :(

300FSB aint some 30 second accomplishment
lol funny how you worded it as not some 30 second accomplishment and I said 5 minutes, but hell like I said 300FSB is asking a lot from people with a board that JUST came out........I think all of 3 people including AG have this board, and out of those 3 who actually have 300MHz capable TCCD's......I know AG does, but as we know, he's THOROUGHLY checking that crap out which is exactly what should be done.

That test isn't going to come to you any time soon

Thanks for more pics AG :D I'll try and keep calm and paitent while you guys are testing them out... but it's so hard!

I just realised what the date was... So much for hoping to get it by early next month :sweat: Would've been nice to spend me holidays testing a board like this out.

---dens

I can just see you doing the pee pee dance right now........... :sweat:

loool :D

this mobo is arrived in Italy this afternoon

..so tomorrow there will be a larger number of nf3 ultra to test..I hope to read good news!! :)

so far im convinced i really want this one now, for sure, still that last shred of doubt go with the pci express and the nf4 but now it seems like it will be a decent enough board, ill still stick to my guns and wait until mon, that way these guys have a good weekend to play around with it, ill just keep watchin the thread and see where it goes, as for AG, thanks for taking the time to get familar with it, if and when you do hit that 300 fsb 1:1 that will be great but dont go and kill it before mon :) just kidding, best of luck to you guys, the amount of money I think by keeping the current agp card I might wind up needing to spend on a better PSU or cooling as I really dont think this Ultra Xconnects gonna cut it and I might want to just go ahead and get more than the stock AMD cooler, seeing that his Xp90 works fine with the SATA that should be locked makes me much more happier to know, I do appreciate that clarification

Good luck TIM, hopefully you can get a hold of a chip with a better mem controller soon, now for all the guys with the boards already just out of curiosity whats the temps been so far with the stock chipset cooler? does it seem that an upgrade is probably a good idea or not, how noisy is that tiny fan? worth ditching for a fanless or not? no big deal, just curious your opinions on it, maybe ditch the fan and go with my coolermaster fanless sink and use that small fan over the ram somehow? that sound like a good idea or not? I doubt Ill try them any more over the 3.2 but being UTT BH it is tempting to really give em a workout, anyhow just rambling ill shut up now

chipset fan = not noisy, does a good job, plus it has pins so it can be removed and replaced with aftermarket one if you want (no real need tho...but a waterblock will be what some of you want and it looks like no problem for a waterblock...lets hope the guys @ dangerden make one eh?)

i would definitely wait about a week to find out what those of us that have one say about it (we've never been dishonest about our feelings for a board, and this board wont be any different because RG and I have high expectations of it...higher than any of you do)

there's just no way to tell what a board is capable of the first couple hours (hell, the first couple of days and really first couple of weeks lol)

and besides...the boards are not going to disappear...so be patient and by the time there is a conclusion about them, they will be in stock and you can get one easily if you decide you want it ;)

Angry, did you hook the XP-90 with the bracket that comes with the DFI board or did you use the suppiled one by Thermalright?

i just unscrewed the top of the yellow cpu bracket and screwed in the XP-90 one to the original backplate...that is how i always install my xP-90 (mine dont come with a backplate at all...or maybe they do and i never noticed cuz i never needed it lol)

cool AG you know i been lurking around this forum trying to let everyone else do all the homework, your RAM btw with the BH UTT is the same chips mines got and so Ill be definately watching to see what you can do once you ditch the TCCD and throw that suckers in there, yours should give me a good idea of what to do with once I get one

anyhow ill check back in tommrow gnite, go spurs go, sorry had to do it

:)

here's what i have thrown in there so far:

4x512MB Buffalo TCCD

2x512MB OCZ VX4000 @ 3.2v

2x512MB Corsair XMS3200LLPT rev1.1 @ 3.2v

2x512MB Ballistix 4000 @ 3.0v

2x512MB OCZ Platinum rev2 3200 TCCD

2x512MB OCZ 4200EL Platinum TCCD

2x256MB Buffalo BH-5 (real old-school bh-5)

2x512MB Corsair CMX512-3200PT rev1.4 (3-3-8-3...belongs to a customer like the other corsair lol)

2x512MB Corsair TwinX CMX512-3200LL rev1.1 (read old-school BH-5)

ive still got some other stuff to throw in it and play with it...nothing has really been hard tested, just going through some routines making sure everything is as it should be...the bios is slightly different than the NF3/NF4 that we are used to (though not as strange as the DAGF's bios!).

ive got more testing to do lol...i might actually get to load windows sometime on Saturday at this rate ;)