NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

i never recommend the 420w Powerstream on NF4's even though it works perfect because of the fact I *and our engineers* have made such a stance on minimum spec psu's.

the 939 AGP is a completely different monster though.

and keep in mind OCZ's 420w rating is pretty conservative...it peaks at 520w and its a real good, clean power signal...this 420w would probably eat most no-name 600w psu's and then some lol

my old Enermax 300w is stronger than most 450w psu's

this OCZ 600w is complete overkill for just about anything really

the TT 680w is not really a good choice for NF4 because it just seems...underpowered

then there's the PCP&C 850w SLI monster thingy that could probably power your comp...and your gf's comp...and your Xbox...and your guitar amp...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AG or anyone with a OCZ Powerstream PSU. My question is, are the rails setup perfectly for a stock system right away. What I mean is, I'm worried about buying a Powerstream with the +12v at something like 13.5v right outta the box and potentially harming my components. Do they come right away set at a steady 12v, 5v, 3.3v +/-5% where I don't have to worry about what "could" happen. Thanks for any replies. Also, I don't have a Multimeter to test my rails right now, but I'll get one if it's recommended. If I'm going to test voltages, where do I stick the leads for measurement? Once again thanks for all your help guys. :)

AG or anyone with a OCZ Powerstream PSU. My question is, are the rails setup perfectly for a stock system right away. What I mean is, I'm worried about buying a Powerstream with the +12v at something like 13.5v right outta the box and potentially harming my components. Do they come right away set at a steady 12v, 5v, 3.3v +/-5% where I don't have to worry about what "could" happen. Thanks for any replies. Also, I don't have a Multimeter to test my rails right now, but I'll get one if it's recommended. If I'm going to test voltages, where do I stick the leads for measurement? Once again thanks for all your help guys. :)

lol it would be a bad move for any company to send their psu's out and not be within standard specs of 3.3/5/12 wouldnt it?

Just got this mobo today.

Raid Fails!!

I got (2) 36 WD Raptors did all the right steps in the F10 raid menu raid show up ok 70 gigs or so.

I start installing windows the F6 goes good I install the 2 drivers Then at the "SET UP IS STARTING WINDOWS" menu my compter just reboots I cant figure out why... I can Load wondows in a single raptor but cant get raid to work...

Guys if you have any sugestions Please help me out.

Thanks.

Just got this mobo today.

Raid Fails!!

I got (2) 36 WD Raptors did all the right steps in the F10 raid menu raid show up ok 70 gigs or so.

I start installing windows the F6 goes good I install the 2 drivers Then at the "SET UP IS STARTING WINDOWS" menu my compter just reboots I cant figure out why... I can Load wondows in a single raptor but cant get raid to work...

Guys if you have any sugestions Please help me out.

Thanks.

please check the rules and the Important Info threads stuck to the top of this section.

If you are looking for help, reading this is the most important first-step for you to take.

this helps us tremendously to help you solve your issue if we can see what is in your system every time you post:

PLEASE SEE THIS LINK!:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...701&postcount=2

Be as thorough as possible please. Voltages, timings, settings, bios version, etc.

The more information you give us about the problem, and the more details about your hardware in your sig = more help we can give you.

If you have "shaky hands" or are just deathly afraid of getting your dlck knocked in your watch pocket, you can always get a set of non-conductive screwdrivers like TV repairmen have.

I recently left mine at a customer site and when I returned the next day they were gone. I think I'll stop by the electronics shop tomorrow and pickup another set.

non-conductive screwdrivers.....awesome...never even thought of that......I unfortunately do have shakey hand syndrome....as I fried my previous NF7-S v2 board while attempting the vdd mod.......the emberassing part is the mod didn't kill it.....me testing the mosfet leg with the multimeter tip did :( my damn hand shook and connect two of the legs and ZZZZZZZAAAP!! she was a goner, needless to say I haven't done any volt mods recently :P

well my dads the one with the expertise on electrical stuff so he can handle it for me, i wouldnt even know how to use all the controls on that thing anyhow, and the fact when I try and touch his stuff he gets all upset, apparently some of his stuff aint cheap, im assuming knowing him it cost well over a 100 bucks, why go and buy one though when he has a nice one already, and knows how to use it :)

still nice suggestion on the plastic screwdrivers, or im assuming thats what they are made of

BleedingEdge Forums has a guide for measuring voltages, but you have to register to view the images.

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7069