NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you use the same mouse I do :D

Nice to see you finally got one up and runnin!

my mouse is an MX510...but I have MX310's all over the lab since they were only $12 at the time i bought em (so i made sure to buy 4 of them at once, now they are around $22...but my MX510 was only $28 @ newegg when i bought it)

im going to let 4x512 run memtest for about 1 hour, then pull 2x512 out and see where this thing will take me (since there is no modified bios for higher than 3.2v vdimm, I won't be putting in my trusty BH-5 yet...I know this cpu and my BH-5/VX will get me 2640Mhz overclock on an NF4, so thats my baseline)

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...497&postcount=9

AG, What NForce chipset drivers are you using ??????

lol you guys crack me up man

i JUST got the damn thing booted up, and im testing 1x, 2x, 4x dimms populated, running memtest on 4x dimms, etc

patience my young grasshoppas...you want me to do it right and learn as much as I can about the board? Or you just want me to sloppily build the thing and make guesses on this or that?

Man good note about those SATA cables.....no doubt I would done that last, then go to put in my SATA cables only to realize my hand won't fit :P

I got a DD water cooling setup though, so actually I shouldn't have a problem getting to those ports, but I'll probably wind up doing it anyway, see how close of a fit it was just to make sure I don't have to pull out the graphics card.

patience my young grasshoppas...you want me to do it right and learn as much as I can about the board? Or you just want me to sloppily build the thing and make guesses on this or that?
Please Sensei.....take as much time as needed to forge this sword into the ultimate blade :D

Man good note about those SATA cables.....no doubt I would done that last, then go to put in my SATA cables only to realize my hand won't fit :P

I got a DD water cooling setup though, so actually I shouldn't have a problem getting to those ports, but I'll probably wind up doing it anyway, see how close of a fit it was just to make sure I don't have to pull out the graphics card.

Please Sensei.....take as much time as needed to forge this sword into the ultimate blade :D

with a DD block then you won't really have any trouble attaching them while the gpu is installed...but its always good to just do it before you put the vid card in regardless of what cooling you use if you know you are going to use them ;)

but its always good to just do it before you put the vid card in regardless of what cooling you use if you know you are going to use them
Yeah that's exactly what I had planned, figured I'd do it just to make sure instead of putting in the graphics card and regretting it later.

a_g, thanks for throwing up a few pics. especially great to see the board playing nice with the dual core cpus. great to see dfi expanding into new territories. can't wait to see the new infinity as well. now if only amd would release a 300-350 dollar or under dual core. ahh i can dream can't i?

keep us up to date on impressions. my guess is it will be stable as a rock with great overclocking. (bafsed on the dfi nf3 s754 mb)

now if only amd would release a 300-350 dollar or under dual core. ahh i can dream can't i?

Of course! :)

Just wait and see, remember when S939 appeared? The cheaper ones came later.

X2 is still too fresh and hot for entering the low price segment i guess. Just wait...

The temp sensor is all wacky?!?! :(

The temps are all over the place, going from 41c to 60c Load, doesn't stay for 1 second at the same temperature...

what the?

What are your findings Angry_Games?