NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Guest bobyjo

I have already done this;; Memory, removing the battery, even replaceing the battery, changed the memory, different memory, removed the modem and sound card, NOTHING is helping.

THE BIOB CHIP IS WIPED CLEAN, there is nothing on the bios chip. All it asked for is the floppy disk that contains COMMAND.COM. I can attempt to reflash but the flash program does not complete the flash. The bios chip is empty. NOTHING THERE at all. the bios default is to ask for a floppy disk, other than that there is nothing I can do.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ATT:Rgone

Do you know what I can do to improve performance of the 6800GT with the NF3 chipset, i am aware there are problems, but from your personal experience what has improved it?

I used to get more frames until i reinstalled, have no idea what happend but less frames now.

Fastwrites off, Sidebanding off, bois cachable ON.

2nd question, if this dosent solve much. I want to know what is the best videocard AGP, to put on this NF3 board? a ATI? Or best value for money.

Regards

T

If yer gonna spend any amount at all this is a good deal on an ATI x800xl

If it performs anywhere near my x850xt it should be a good card. My eVga vanilla 6800 gets thoroughly stomped with only 12 pixel pipelines...Not to mention the difficulties of overclocking a 6800 on an NF3.

...Not to mention the difficulties of overclocking a 6800 on an NF3.

I'm about to build a new system on this board and I have a 6800, I had heard nothing about any issues between these cards and these boards. Could you please elaborate...

Now I'm getting confused

I just spoke with the guys at CPUCity.co.uk and they are aware of a second revision of this board but are still waiting for DFI to say when it will be available.

I'm about to build a new system on this board and I have a 6800, I had heard nothing about any issues between these cards and these boards. Could you please elaborate...

You shouldn't really have any problems with the combo. It is only with regard to trying to OC the GFX card and not getting great results from my understanding. My 6800 runs fine on my LP NF3 250gb it just barely squeaks out any OC at all. The subject has popped up several times in this thread and has been around for a very long time. Google it and you will come up with plenty of info...

Guest bobyjo

The new board I received is a version "A".

I have one of the first ones to be released. Board really looks good, if I did not expierence the bios problem, I would be up and going.

DFI has already contacted me and will be sending a new bios chip very soon.

I just spoke with the guys at CPUCity.co.uk and they are aware of a second revision of this board but are still waiting for DFI to say when it will be available.

What did they say mate, as I've not heard back from them yet.

What did they say mate, as I've not heard back from them yet.

Ummm, they said they were aware of a second revision but were waiting for DFI to get back to them on availability...