NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Guest Trippin

ordered this board tuesday night from newegg got here this afternoon installed it booted right up ,loaded xp no problems here... all good so far for me, memorys at 400 10 multi fsb at 280 @ 2808 runnin at 2 t wont do 1 not yet cpu 1.500 core 1.65 mem 2.80 according to n tune

also cpu `s runnin about 3 or 5 degrees warmer than on my asus av8 ..im happy so far learned alot from this thread what fun thanks alot cya

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ RGone, 12 guage shells would work wonders just kidding dude, the more I read up on your guys daily rituals with this thing, the more I am not so envious of you folks with these boards anymore
Nah it's a good board, but RGone and Angry_games are putting it through a far greater hell than we are, plus trying out god knows how many BIOSes we don't even see coming out of Taiwan.

also cpu `s runnin about 3 or 5 degrees warmer than on my asus av8
Temp probe is screwed on this...oddly enough basically everyons is reading in the mid to high 30's no matter what CPU, speed, voltage or cooling, everyones almost reports the exact same

Oh well , think I just waxed it good that time. Heheheehehe. Got to let it sit overnite while I think on what is next while me little cmoose clears sum better. Oh I have some left over 3in duck loads that might work fine. Hehehehe.

RGone...

@ RGone, 12 guage shells would work wonders just kidding dude, the more I read up on your guys daily rituals with this thing, the more I am not so envious of you folks with these boards anymore

Omg RGone, you read my mind. I HATE how holding insert does absolutely jack on this mobo. It worked on pretty much all the good boards, but it refuses to do it on this board. Can you tell the BIOS guys to for the love of god implement this? The NF4 Ultra-D works, why doesn't it work here?

Anyone know where I can see a pic of the XP-120 mounted on the DFI Lanparty S939 NF3 Ultra-D?? I have both in my cart at NewEgg.com, but I'm not buying until I see for my self that it fits. I saw a very low res picture of this from a strange angle, but I couldn't tell. Can someone please help me out?

By the way, if someone can show me a review of something else beating the XP-120, in the same system, with the same hand picked parts, and the same hand picked processor, and both tested in the same temperature room, then I'd really like to go with something else.... Lets face it, the XP-120 may be great for performance, especially if you lap off the nickel plating and stack dual fans on it so they suck intead of blow... but that heatsink is one fat a@@ mofo. It causes a lot of problems by blocking vcard slots or ram, or running into those caps near the processor. If there is something that has been proven in a 100% fair comparison, I'd love to get it, but only if it gives me some more space.

It does fit, but it'll be a tight fit, and you should for sure plug the sata cables in first if you want to o/c (the ports near the cpu socket). Otherwise, it should be no big problem. I use a XP-90, and there is plenty of space left around.

Thanks. :)

Everyone thinks there really is no difference between these two, the 120 and the 90, but you have to lap off the nickle and suck the air. You can get about 6 more degrees cooler that way. You can add another -4 or so by stacking 2 fans.

Omg RGone, you read my mind. I HATE how holding insert does absolutely jack on this mobo. It worked on pretty much all the good boards, but it refuses to do it on this board. Can you tell the BIOS guys to for the love of god implement this? The NF4 Ultra-D works, why doesn't it work here?

It appears to work for me though. But I have to recycle the power. Hold on to insert key, then power up.

Yep, I know the power 'off' and back on with insert key down that works for most but not this board ever for me at all.

RGone...

It appears to work for me though. But I have to recycle the power. Hold on to insert key, then power up.

It worked on pretty much all the good boards, but it refuses to do it on this board.
That's cool, like I've said I've NEVER come across a board where the insert actually works for me =/