NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

LOL RGone I know how ya feel Everytime i shut it down something different goes wrong, but like i said it the past all my benchmarks,prime and memtest pass ZERO errors for more than 24 hours. I have stuck with the original bios for now. Now i have a strange setting in Sandra it says my board temps are to high and its only at 36C and it shows 2 cpu temps

CPU1 89F

CPU2 80F

strange considering i have a SD/4000+

I still think one of the main problems is the lack of the TREF settings no way to choose

4708= 166mhz (1.95us) (which TCCD really likes)

TRP always being higher than what it's set at (set it to 3 it show 4 etc etc)

and the darn 1T 2T setting

almost forgot Dram Frequency no choice for 200

well i have been up to 28 hours screwing with this thing and i get i step forward and then 2 steps backwards no way for me to beat this thing for now, I'm glad i got the next 4 days off Speedpc :):( !!!!!!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using 1/2 multi's (8.5, 9.5, etc) tend to skew yer ram values a bit. Take a peak at the A64 overclocking guide for a better explanation or should I say an explanation since I didn't offer one of any kind anyway Try 2.5-4-4-10 just for the heck of it...
I changed to the 1/2 multi AFTER I came to the conclusion that the RAM was reaching it's max...I will try 2.5-4-4-10 later :D But right now I'm gonna see if the CPU seems stable at 2.475MHz whereas before it was being lame at 2.4GHz even.....but yeah...like I said I was using 275x9 and it was BSODing....

Also I've gone through the DFI timings and loosened most of the stock ones for my RAM, but yeah, I need to go through and try various configurations....theres just so many of them!!!

Oh yeah my chipset fan isn't dead, but I'm guessing the 3pin connector on that part of the board is or something as my fan wasn't spinning when connected to it =/ Oh well was a POS fan anyway, and now it's running even cooler without the fan and my 60mm 40CFM fan blowing on it even at 1.75v

Interestingly, I've never put much credence in using the other set of slots as a cure for my problems. This board is a constant source of surprises though. Just on a lark, I moved my sticks from the orange to the yellow slots and shazaam, no more 1T problems. I almost have it up as high as I could get with my Neo2 Platinum now. Using the 602 bios until something earth-shattering comes out. Back to fiddling...

Hoot

Just got my dual channel 4000VX EL memory in and having problems with it with this board. Biggest is I cant even approach the rated timings(I know it requires 3.3v). It wont even do 230mhz 2-2-2-8-T2 @ 3.2v. Ive tried so many different options and configurations but still cant get past 225mhz 2-2-2-8-T2 @ 3.2v. Anyone know what might be causing this?

what timings are you using with the 166 diviser. I think if you leave things on auto and select a lower divider it will go by what the ram is made for at 166mhz. if you then clock it up it might cause instability where you wouldn't expect it. I had that happen to me with the 133 one.

I set them manually to 2.5-3-3-6 1T @ 3.5V bah been at it all night, trying combos and NOTHING has worked.

Heres just a few observations that I would like to point out. I notice that some people are having problems with the board and are getting crashes and so on and so forth.

One of the things you have to remember is that there are many many components on the board. An important point is that different companies designed each component. For example the board was made by DFI but the processor was made by AMD. There may very well be settings inside the bios that the motherboard manufacturer put in, but the cpu has no hardware support for- epitome of this is the half multi's on amd 64s not working. Infact there are cases where a motherboard has and supports booting at any HTT that you so please; however, a processor in some cases might only accept HTT's divisible by 10 when your over 250. I've seen this actually in some socket 754 setups. There are alot of components designed by different companies and your trying to set them all up with a bios that has switches for things that the other hardware companies never implimented. It helps to find out what kind of things those are and avoid those things. Keeping every single thing within specification can be difficult with so many settings so the best thing to do is to take it easy at first and establish what things work for sure.

Basically the point is that the entire computer system was designed based upon certain types of standards... even though much of the settings in the bios are 100% supported by the motherboard- the other hardware like the processor or hard drive or graphics card may not even know what a half multiplier is or even some other option may not be anywhere in the set of acceptable choices for a piece of hardware.

I don't think there is anything accurate at this point with temps jumping all over the place, idle at 38~39c regardless of what processor or voltage yer runnin', etc, etc, etc.....

They all show the same thing but Soundx98's NF3/NF4 data for MBM5 is the cleanest of the lot....

that answers my question then, going to order a nf4 ultra-D just so i get better drive strength options.

going to continue to watch this thread though, as it is interesting :)

I guess I need to try the slot dance sometime as well.

RebelsHaven - What slots are you using? I'm currently using the orange slots and it seems I'm limited to 270MHz for my RAM....seems like a lot of people are having far greater luck with the yellow slots, however I don't even know if I can move mine lol....the way my water cooling goes the barb of the heatercore is right behind the RAM and the tubing goes RIGHT over it so I don't even know if I have enough room to life up the RAM and put it in the yellow slots lol....sucks I know