NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

No it has not and AG nor myself have heard any word what so ever about it. and the whole SATA ports issue still hasn't been brought up yet......I'd also like to know if they are locked considering I got 2 out of 3 drives that are SATA BUT you only need to go back to the orignal cause of the problem and IT WAS the NF3 chipset itself when it had to have phy interface chip to put the other two SATA ports on the board. In fact Nvidia was saying the problem was there with the NF3 chipsets before they were even hardly selling the chipset.

So you take every bit of the previous information in hand and my guess is that the SATA ports up next to the CPU will again be the ones that must be used when overclocking to hale and back because I have not heard a thing of any modification to the NF3 chipset and I am betting none of the rest of you have either.

When mine arrives tomorrow sometime of course I will see if all SATA ports work over 240FSB as I have seen the situation enough times to 'know' exactly what it looks like and should not take long after it is up and running to know. That is all we know at this time.

RGone...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it has not and AG nor myself have heard any word what so ever about it.
If you're talking about what I said in regards to the 3.2v dimm......I first saw the pics and specs from hardware analysis (yes I know specs are always subject to change) and from there it was at 3.2 and coincidentally it did indeed turn out to be that way.

When mine arrives tomorrow sometime of course I will see if all SATA ports work over 240FSB as I have seen the situation enough times to 'know' exactly what it looks like and should not take long after it is up and running to know. That is all we know at this time.
What exactly does happen....I only asked for whether or not they'd be locked because I knew it was one of those necessary things for high FSBs muchlike with AGP boards needing the AGP/PCI busses to be locked.......but does your drives, or your windows operating system get corrupted if the ports aren't locked or something much worse?

So basically assuming only 2 out of 4 ports are actually locked, then if I want another hard drive in the future I guess I can't go SATA if I'm working at like a 275MHz FSB eh?

then if I want another hard drive in the future I guess I can't go SATA if I'm working at like a 275MHz FSB eh? Will not have a clue until we see a board is all I know at this time.

RGone...

I know we don't know literally.....I meant hypothetically if that was the secenario.......2 out of 4 were locked and you have 3 SATA drives you're kind of screwed right?

Like I said though this is a hypothetical scenario/question

"I was only supposin"....."DONT BE SUPPOSIN NO HURT ON GEORGE" :P

we wont know until we have a board...useless to speculate about such things

(what if aliens invaded earth on March 20th, 2007? What if a plane crashed into a mountain next tuesday and everyone survived but they were hundreds of miles from any cities?....speculation...is just not good to speculate on things no one knows about)

Humh? I think i know boss.

(what if aliens invaded earth on March 20th, 2007? We shett out of luck What if a plane crashed into a mountain next tuesday and everyone survived but they were hundreds of miles from any cities?.... Them folks shett out of luck .

Heheheheheheehehe. Hale yeah that right. :shake:

Shorely weel test em little porties.

RGone... :D

Taipei, Taiwan – June 13, 2005

DFI is excited to announce today that it will re-launch its INFINITY line, bringing to the market state-of-the-art motherboards featuring high-quality components and friendly overclocking features, all at a more affordable price.

The INFINITY series aims at power users on a budget. Leveraging DFI's expertise in motherboard design and the powerful performance of the popular LANPARTY series, the INFINITY line is made for the most discerning overclockers and hardware enthusiasts who demand high quality and performance without the heavy price tag.

Two INFINITY models will be introduced in the first launch: the nF4X INFINITY, a 754 pin AMD platform with PCI-e support, and nF4 INFINITY, a 939 pin AMD platform with PCI-e support.

in light of this announcement, the introduction of an nv based s939 agp board from dfi seems extremely unlikely. also seems a bit of a stretch that many 754 users with high end cards will jump at an nf4 solution as an 'upgrade', given the fact that there is virtually no performance gain over agp.

in light of this announcement, the introduction of an nv based s939 agp board from dfi seems extremely unlikely.

Well well, we will just have to see what if fedex brings me a 939 socket board tomorrow with the leetle AgP slottie on eet. Hehehehee. Freeken out uh my mind.

RGone...