Cold Boot? Memory Died? [email protected] = who you need to contact

well, I'm glad this stuff is out in the open. I'm also glad that I didn't turn up the wick on my RAM before DFI fix this (as I am sure they will).

In the cold light of day, I would like to point out that no other motherboard manufacturer has given us the opportunity to ramp up our RAM like DFI has. Yep, they may have stuffed it this time, but even if you only go the basic O/C, without doing the 5 volt thing, it will still be way more than you get from any other manufacturer.

Sheesh! Chill guys, cut DFI some slack here :D . I am sure that it will be ok.

ricey

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys I just spent a TON of cash on a new rig, basically, move jumper back to 3.2 V for my 4000vx and move to yellow slots?? I dont wanna get screwed here (I did notice my chipset temps in mid 50's with ram @ 3.5V ....)

Theres only 2 things that can be done to sort out this problem:

1. Lifetime warranty for customers that purchased the board before they do fix it with another board revision(I REALLLY REALLY hope a BIOS update can fix this and it might be possible if there was some type of TFTP option for flashing)

2. (???)umm...well...o ok, recall the boards and ship new ones.

Personally I think #2 is more expensive and its not like they have a dell, compaq, or big name manufacturer account, because if they did then they can re-coup some losses because the items were sold to the distributor@discount(large discount)In fact, would anyone know if there has ever been a MOBO recall and what was the outcome of it. What sucks is that they have a semi-partner(OCZ)that has an ACTUAL BRAND of component based on this option which people are buying as we speak, all in all this might be containable to the point of providing instructions(COMPLETE instructions)to the user(s) so that this can be avoided, i.e. get a stick of "boot" ram to get the board on, get into BIOS, change settings, save, shutdown, re-insert "good" ram, power up. Although this approach can be haphazard as well(too haphazard in fact...)I honestly don't know how this is gonna be dealt with. I just feel really bad for peeps that invested in "recommended" and "premium" products for their rigs and now are being flogged by the MOBO just like us that don't have recommended or premium gear. In fact I think I take issue with the fact that peeps would rather "SIG police" than help people...yeh I said it. Theres an issue with a tech support board when the users are doing more to help other users than the actual tech support or "you shoulda bought this RAM, PSU, etc" people. I digress, either way I feel bad for anybody that is having issue as this is a really great product that might get killed due to lack of user empathy, vague documentation, design flaw, and down-right indifference. And they will have to eat whatever is thrown at them for being the reason or excuse, but then again, don't we all?

h

PS,

I definitely want to send a stronngggggggg shoutout to AndyOCZ as he has been and continues to be highly forthcoming and attentive to peoples issues(Thanx Andy, God loves you :angel: And I don't even have OCZ RAM, but because of this dudes dilligence I will very soon.

f*k everybody and have a great weekend :D

Maybe I was a little too kind with my first post on this thread :confused: (5.27.2005, 7.21pm)

This thread is 7 pages long, the fault has been confirmed, and DFI have said nothing :mad:

That is not good enough; we all paid a premium price for this mobo, and we deserve better service.

A-G & R-gone; I am not meaning to have a go at you here, but surely you could post something (even if it is just to say 'Taiwan is telling us nuffink')

ricey

ya i agree with h_Us3r i want LIFE TIME WARRANTY.... my ram costs more then my motherboard man....and it seems thats its kill'n more ram then MB right now... i rather my MB die on me then my ram cause my ram is $100 more then my MB.

ya i agree with h_Us3r i want LIFE TIME WARRANTY.... my ram costs more then my motherboard man....and it seems thats its kill'n more ram then MB right now... i rather my MB die on me then my ram cause my ram is $100 more then my MB.

While I truly do empathize with you, that course of corrective action is VERY expensive and opens up a whole new can of worms for the company and the user(s).

I would prefer they officially address this and fix it, give me a new MOBO, reset my warranty from the time I received the new fixed MOBO and let sleeping dogs lie...

Thats still an expensive option but in the long-run much more cost-effective, its not like they have a million customers or even a few hundred thousand. Theres not many peeps out there with this MOBO(my friends and family are scared of it ;)

As i know 5v rail is always ON so when you are using 4.0v VDimm jumper settings removing the AC power cable could cause this issue.Even when you switch off your PC the PSU continues to supply MB 5.0v.I think cold boot can not be solved ATM-may be next revision

until such a time when there has been actual verified, tested, and substantiated evidence of a problem done in both the OCZ and DFI lab (which at this time there is testing going on but absolutely no verification of a problem), this is what Rgone posted at Xtreme and this is all that we have to say here:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...04&page=7&pp=25

I'm not going to allow multiple threads about the same subject to clog up these forums.

There are many many many more users with problems that need help and 20 threads about the speculation of whether or not this or that is going on with memory dying (that neither OCZ nor DFI has been able to verify) only serves to move user threads needing help off to the back pages and they cannot get help with problems that we can help with.