Cold Boot? Memory Died? [email protected] = who you need to contact

OMW Rgone, what a sad day. I've been waiting for the 'you're not in the America's card to be pulled on this issue'.

You know this problem exists, yet it is getting swept under the carpet. The 'politicians' have taken over. You have had DFI engineers working on it - and repeating the problem. Suddenly they are not, and we need to mail them? Come on, thats just poopy. I cannot believe it is being downplayed like this.

This is reminding me of Steam and HL2 and people having the sound stuttering problem, posting on the forums was not good enough, funny stuff.

In DougV's post: "There are currently less than 200 open tickets in our support incident database for the audio stuttering problem"

After which DFI, will receive 3 emails/'tickets', because RGone posts an email link somewhere in a 29 page thread, after a couple of weeks RGone and Angry will be posting statistics in that 3 people mailed dfi and there is no such thing as a cold boot problem.

Here's a challenge for the moderators, put the 'email address' as a sticky for cold boot. At least people want get a false sense of support if they post in the forums about it. There is no harm in that now is there? And it's fair isn't it?

How many of us have switched RAM, I have. How many people are not going to post about cold boot problems because they have switched RAM? How many people are not aware they have the cold boot problem? - they've just gotta change some hardware. How many people are lurking, that have the cold boot problem and not posting?

Disappointed by the obvious brush-off.

Damage control has begun....

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get a direct link to the people working this issue and you then you post "I've been waiting for the 'you're not in the America's card to be pulled on this issue'."

Who said "You have had DFI engineers working on it - and repeating the problem. Suddenly they are not, and we need to mail them?"?

I ask you to find that statement and post a link here for everyone to see.

You are not being honest about this. First you say the posting of the email is bogus then ask for it to be made a sticky. You can't have it both ways.

OMW Rgone, what a sad day. I've been waiting for the 'you're not in the America's card to be pulled on this issue'.

You know this problem exists, yet it is getting swept under the carpet. The 'politicians' have taken over. You have had DFI engineers working on it - and repeating the problem. Suddenly they are not, and we need to mail them? Come on, thats just poopy. I cannot believe it is being downplayed like this.

This is reminding me of Steam and HL2 and people having the sound stuttering problem, posting on the forums was not good enough, funny stuff.

After which DFI, will receive 3 emails/'tickets', because RGone posts an email link somewhere in a 29 page thread, after a couple of weeks RGone and Angry will be posting statistics in that 3 people mailed dfi and there is no such thing as a cold boot problem.

Here's a challenge for the moderators, put the 'email address' as a sticky for cold boot. At least people want get a false sense of support if they post in the forums about it. There is no harm in that now is there? And it's fair isn't it?

How many of us have switched RAM, I have. How many people are not going to post about cold boot problems because they have switched RAM? How many people are not aware they have the cold boot problem? - they've just gotta change some hardware. How many people are lurking, that have the cold boot problem and not posting?

ExRoadie:

I don't think he is having it both ways, OZ is just saying if you are going to say "e-mail TW" then don't bury it on post #416 in a thread you just took off the sticky list.

Although, unlike OZ, I don't think this was done on purpose but I can see the potential for the turnaround argument of "well only ..... people e-mailed, so its not a huge problem".

I just discovered that I have the cold boot issue, I hadn't powered down my PSU for about two months, and when I got home from a W/E away, no boot.

I managed to get it booted after clearing CMOS etc..... with one stick. My ability to boot was completely random and a fluke, I didn't do anything special do get it to work I was just persistent. My computer was down for about 7-8 hours. :mad:

Just for everyone here to know, OCZ told me that the cold boot issue alone does not qualify for RMA OCZ response

For right now I agree with their stance as long as we get a fix from DFI, for which I patiently await.

Should I e-mail TW? I don't really know, maybe I should, just to make them realize that this is a problem, although I suspect (from Oskar's posts) they already know......

well i guess this is it huh??? never woulda guessed it, I mean I guess i understood that this forum wasn't really DFI support website, just a bunch a nerdz like me helpin each other out. Funny when I was researching this board I called DFI and they told me I might want to come here for advice??? I dont want to start a war and what little contact ive had from the moderators has been great i mean that And i think they are understanding and good people, but thier right this isnt DFI and this isnt tech support. I tell ya 6 mo's ago me and a bunch of friends set out to build some really awsome machines alot of hardwork, money and effort and waiting went into these boxes. Thier were supposed to be 7 in all, so far we've got 3, 2 of the boards exhibit cold boot, the third probably does to but his ram doesnt allow him over 2.8, 1 dead stick of mushkin redline being RMA'd, and myself who has never even set the 4v jumper outa fear but is still afraid to unplug his computer and then plug it back in again, cause the last time i did it f'd my bios, wouldnt post, and Im still not sure but I think my second stick is f'd now. as for the other 4 computers we've all come to a desicion to rethink the mobo memory combo now, Ill tell you its been unanomous that we will not be buying these boards. I tell you all the reading all the calls to DFI and yes a person from DFI i belive sanfransico did say to me "ocz" would be good in this board, we wanted to take advantage of the high volts, the deal was positivly sealed when OCZ released the DFI nf4 recomened PC5000 ram, were like hell ya look these were made for each other we gotta go with this board OCZ is like the best, Now before this ive only owned ABit, and one giga, " iliked the features" Ive dealt with abit in the past and never been disapointed with thier product or service. hell ive rma'd an abit board no trouble though, i cant remember but i think it was my fault it broke. hahaha. ill tell you that the orignal fatality board couldnt hold a candle to this one, thats why we went woth this board, and hell on paper this board is the best that ive ever seen, not that i go by what maximum PC says, " i think that thier reviews dont reflect real world use" bottom line the one thing that the fatality beat this board in was "giving me confidence in my computer" thats the bottom line. I have no confidence, i shudder when i turn it on. So heres what i think. I think that im just gonna hang onto this board unitl it or my ram dies, im gonna use it without abandon"though ill never touch that 4v rail.if a fix comes from DFIor hell evena statment saying we f'd up heres what you need to do to make your board right again all will be good and life will go on. If stuff goes wrong before then im gonna go outside kick myself in the head a coupla times and realize i made a mistake. Then im gonna type in www.newegg.com and order me up some abit. and well i love the ocz but maybe its time for some gskill action. Its funny when I brought this board to my friends as a prospective mobo choice they all looked at me and said " DFI???????" Like i said im sorry if ive offended any of you here and you've all been cool but well when the day is over i have no confidence in my computer or this motherboard and it is no longer worth my time to RMA. Its too bad really ive never seen a mobo that gave the user so much control and so many options, i guess it all comes at a price. I really hope this problem can be fixed.

first the "special edition" PC5000 RAM gets discontinued and now OCZ will not RMA on the cold boot issue alone?! AND THIS THREAD IS UNSTICKIED?!! I call shananigans...If nobody of sound mind can see what is happening and what will eventually happen, I would strongly suggest heavy doses of jack daniels and/or ADD medication.

h

I should know...I worked for the biggest shills of all...

....all that has happened here is that rgone and angry arent going to be helping us on this issue anymore...

has either of them helped you or anyone else you know solve the cold boot? We probably all have faulty PSU's.

Have you ever read or tried to understand either of thier posts regarding this issue? Usually quite full of cryptic messages, subtle hints, irrelevant info and contradicting statements. Its not their fault im sure they want to help but their boss is watching every word...they dont have a choice.

In the end, they never were helping us guys, its was and always was, up to us now.

Regardless of this outcome DFI is part of or related to this problem whether they like it or not.....and if they try and sweep it under the rug theyll lose alot of face with the enthusiast community, and likely a partner with OCZ.

I used to buy ABit, they screwed me over.

Now im here, cuz of that.

If I get screwed over again, ill remember by which company(s) it was done by and vote accordingly with my wallet on my next hardware purchase...which judging by the state of affairs might be sooner than i expected.

If you feel ripped off, treated unfairly or that the products you purchased didnt live up to their promise, the best way to strike back is not buy from them EVER again, recommend no one else does and make the issue as public as possible, because that way they will know exactly how you feel right now... spending alot of money and getting nothing in return.

Dude,

What part of "special edition" do you not understand? It was not "regular" RAM meant for regular production. It was "special" therefore limited.

first the "special edition" PC5000 RAM gets discontinued and now OCZ will not RMA on the cold boot issue alone?! AND THIS THREAD IS UNSTICKIED?!! I call shananigans...If nobody of sound mind can see what is happening and what will eventually happen, I would strongly suggest heavy doses of jack daniels and/or ADD medication.

h

I should know...I worked for the biggest shills of all...

What part of "official" do you not understand.

See this link...

http://www.dfi-street.com/crew.html

well i guess this is it huh??? never woulda guessed it, I mean I guess i understood that this forum wasn't really DFI support website, just a bunch a nerdz like me helpin each other out. Funny when I was researching this board I called DFI and they told me I might want to come here for advice??? I dont want to start a war and what little contact ive had from the moderators has been great i mean that And i think they are understanding and good people, but thier right this isnt DFI and this isnt tech support. I tell ya 6 mo's ago me and a bunch of friends set out to build some really awsome machines alot of hardwork, money and effort and waiting went into these boxes. Thier were supposed to be 7 in all, so far we've got 3, 2 of the boards exhibit cold boot, the third probably does to but his ram doesnt allow him over 2.8, 1 dead stick of mushkin redline being RMA'd, and myself who has never even set the 4v jumper outa fear but is still afraid to unplug his computer and then plug it back in again, cause the last time i did it f'd my bios, wouldnt post, and Im still not sure but I think my second stick is f'd now. as for the other 4 computers we've all come to a desicion to rethink the mobo memory combo now, Ill tell you its been unanomous that we will not be buying these boards. I tell you all the reading all the calls to DFI and yes a person from DFI i belive sanfransico did say to me "ocz" would be good in this board, we wanted to take advantage of the high volts, the deal was positivly sealed when OCZ released the DFI nf4 recomened PC5000 ram, were like hell ya look these were made for each other we gotta go with this board OCZ is like the best, Now before this ive only owned ABit, and one giga, " iliked the features" Ive dealt with abit in the past and never been disapointed with thier product or service. hell ive rma'd an abit board no trouble though, i cant remember but i think it was my fault it broke. hahaha. ill tell you that the orignal fatality board couldnt hold a candle to this one, thats why we went woth this board, and hell on paper this board is the best that ive ever seen, not that i go by what maximum PC says, " i think that thier reviews dont reflect real world use" bottom line the one thing that the fatality beat this board in was "giving me confidence in my computer" thats the bottom line. I have no confidence, i shudder when i turn it on. So heres what i think. I think that im just gonna hang onto this board unitl it or my ram dies, im gonna use it without abandon"though ill never touch that 4v rail.if a fix comes from DFIor hell evena statment saying we f'd up heres what you need to do to make your board right again all will be good and life will go on. If stuff goes wrong before then im gonna go outside kick myself in the head a coupla times and realize i made a mistake. Then im gonna type in www.newegg.com and order me up some abit. and well i love the ocz but maybe its time for some gskill action. Its funny when I brought this board to my friends as a prospective mobo choice they all looked at me and said " DFI???????" Like i said im sorry if ive offended any of you here and you've all been cool but well when the day is over i have no confidence in my computer or this motherboard and it is no longer worth my time to RMA. Its too bad really ive never seen a mobo that gave the user so much control and so many options, i guess it all comes at a price. I really hope this problem can be fixed.

Funny how DFI's employees are "incorrectly reporting" their are issues with the jumper, and we are now being asked to contact the right people who can help us...perhaps a subtle hint?

which DFI employees are these?

We've contact the right people from the beginning. We have also explained more than a few times that Rgone and I are not engineers, bios writers, nor anything like that that will be able to solve this problem for you.

We are tech support, as I have explained. Our job is not to fix these problems that involve engineering/design/bios writing. Our job is to bring it to the attention of those that do those jobs so that they can fix it. You guys need to understand the difference and listen to what Rgone and I have said.

You need to email that address he gave you. It is the only way TW is going to come around to resolve your problems. They do not read this forum. They barely speak/read/write in English.

We have given you the right place to go. If you choose to call it 'corporate run-around' then that is up to you, but it just tells me you don't understand exactly how a corporation works, especially a multinational one where the top tech support guys only speak english and the engineering/design/bios teams all speak mainly only chinese.

Id also like to ask why either of you cant inform the right people with the right info for us, especially if it is the last bit of time you are going to spend on this issue..... even an email linking to this thread....after all you guys work for DFI? You know who we need to talk to about this better than any of us possibly could?

you need to ONCE AGAIN read exactly what we have written to you over the last week in this thread.

WE CANNOT FIX YOUR ISSUE. WE CAN ONLY CONTACT THE CORRECT PERSONS IN DFI TO CORRECT IT FOR YOU. WE HAVE DONE THIS. WE HAVE DONE THIS OVER AND OVER. WHAT PART OF THIS DO YOU REFUSE TO UNDERSTAND? I CANNOT MAKE IT IN ANY BETTER, MORE PLAIN ENGLISH THAN I AND RGONE HAVE AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND YET YOU ARE STILL SEEMING TO BE TOO BULLHEADED TO READ WHAT WE WRITE. READ IT. UNDERSTAND IT. WE HAVE DONE OUR JOB OF CONTACTING THE RIGHT PEOPLE. DO I HAVE TO SAY IT ONE THOUSAND TIMES BEFORE IT LODGES ITSELF IN YOUR SKULL AND YOU FINALLY UNDERSTAND AND LISTEN TO WHAT WE ARE SAYING????

If you cant, ALL the people having these headaches will be forced to spend the time messing around with email tech support, when it might not even be the crux of the problem...But your boss probably told you to say that so were S.O.L. I guess.

we don't deal in speculation and that is exactly what the last sentence of that is. Pure speculation. Since you don't have a clue what the bossmans and us talk about, it is better to not try and guess because you are going to be wrong even if you believe with all your heart that you are right. You don't have a clue who our boss is and how hard he works to make sure we take care of customers. Speculate all you want. It's up to you.

Rgone:

Not everyone has magical ram that can do tight timings at 3.2v ....

BUT

we all have EXPENSIVE motherboards to supply our EXPENSIVE ram with the necessary voltage required to work like your magic bh.

ALL OF US.

then after so many modules that have given you trouble, why do you still insist on using the same CH based modules and possibly BH modules? Why not move to something else that doesn't require high voltages? Why not move to another motherboard that doesn't give high voltage or does give high voltage but doesn't have this problem with the memory that the DFI NF4 does? Why must everyone be so stubborn as to come here and tell Rgone and I how crappy we are and how we don't support anyone and yet you are stubborn like a mule and refuse to budge about the combination of UTT + DFI NF4? Isn't it time to move on to another board or another type of memory after so many RMA's?

No offense but are you trying to rub it in that we all got ripped off here? Are you saying its our own fault for using high voltage memory and maybe we should be smart like you and not use high voltage stuff?? That is the tech support your are giving us on the issue?

that is not what Rgone said. Maybe clear your head out a bit before making such a claim and re-read what he wrote. Since we cannot fix the problem you have, we can only suggest a way to avoid it.

But since he gave you a direct contact to the people who can fix it, why do you persist on making it an issue to Rgone and I in this thread? Why not just stop doing such things and CONTACT THE PERSONS HE GAVE YOU TO CONTACT SINCE THEY ARE THE ONES THAT CAN FIX YOUR PROBLEM?

You think its no big deal I am out about $4200 bucks and lost major face to a prominent client because of this?

#1 it isn't our fault either that you decided to purchase this combination of hardware. You decided it. No one forced you to. No one twisted your arm or held your family hostage.

#2 why you would rely on an 'enthusiast overclocker' board for important business dealings is way beyond me. That seems to be some shortsight on your part for even thinking about using such a system built around an overclocking/enthusiast board to rely on it to get your important, mission critical business done every day.

I only use stock speed Intel P4 and Athlon64 'vanilla' machines to run as servers, business machines, workstations etc. My overclocking/enthusiast parts are left for playing games and fooling around, but I've been doing this for about 8 years and have never relied on a 'play' machine to do my important work. You might be different, but that is the difference...maybe a lesson to be learned for yourself?

Seriously, what was the point of saying that or anything else besides telling us to use that email adress from now on because you guys arent gonna help out anymore? The rest of your post wasnt necessary...just more haze clouding the issue.

again...stop yapping long enough to read what we have written. WE CANNOT HELP YOU ANYMORE ON THIS ISSUE.

maybe if you give me a magical engineering pill or a magical bios-knowledge pill or a magical board/electronics design pill I can instantly learn how to fix all this. Until then, READ WHAT WE WROTE ABOUT WHY WE CANNOT HELP YOU. You are starting to repeat yourself out of frustration instead of actually LISTENING TO WHAT WE hAVE TO SAY. THIS IS PART OF THE REASON WHY WE CANNOT HELP YOU. YOU WON'T LISTEN YET YOU EXPECT US TO TELL YOU HOW TO FIX SOMETHING. LISTEN DAMMIT. IT MIGHT GET YOU SOMEWHERE.

OCZ is out 6 sticks of memory and shipping ON ME ALONE and tons of man hours spent trying to figure it all out? Plus Oskar has spent a crapload of time going through the bios, and sending/testing me another board? Never mind all the rest of us suffering with malfunctioning components?

and so OCZ and Oskar are working on it, and yet you STILL COME HERE EXPECTING RGONE AND I TO HAVE A MAGICAL ANSWER AFTER WE TOLD YOU WE CANNOT FIX THIS ONLY OSKAR/TAIWAN CAN FIX THIS. AGAIN, STOP TALKING LONG ENOUGH TO LISTEN TO WHAT WE HAVE TOLD YOU.

I hate to say this, but both of you have cast so much "grey area" and confusion to this issue and clouded all your responses with implied or irrelevant info that I seriously think we might be better off continuing on our own anyways.

then do it. since you refuse to listen to anything we say you are much better off moving on and going elsewhere. It will be good for both of us as you aren't happy that something isnt working and we are not unhappy that we have told you to your face many times in plain easy-to-understand english everything we know to tell you to help you out and you still refuse to listen. There's a pattern here. Refuse to listen, come and complain in this thread, get told something, refuse to listen and come back with some response that doesn't make any sense when you look at what we told you to do to help yourself get it fixed and then repeat this 100 times. That is the pattern.

LISTEN TO WHAT HE TOLD YOU TO DO. RE-READ A LOT OF THESE REPLIES BY US TO UNDERSTAND WHY WE TELL YOU TO DO IT. STOP ARGUING WITH US ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK WE SHOULD DO FOR YOU AND DO WHAT WE INSTRUCTED YOU TO DO BECAUSE RGONE AND I CANNOT FIX THIS ISSUE. PERIOD. DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THAT RGONE AND I ARE NOT ENGINEERING, BIOS WRITING, OR BOARD DESIGNING GUYS???? DOES THAT NOT MAKE ANY SENSE TO YOU WHY RGONE AND I CANNOT FIX THIS ISSUE? DOES IT NOT MAKE SENSE TO DO AS HE TOLD YOU TO DO AND CONTACT TAIWAN DIRECTLY SO ENGINEERS AND DESIGNERS THERE CAN UNDERSTAND YOUR PROBLEM? DOES IT NOT MAKE SENSE THAT WE HAVE TOLD TAIWAN ABOUT THIS AND OSKAR EVEN CAME HERE AND TOOK A COUPLE OF BOARDS AND IS WORKING ON IT? DO YOU WANT AN INSTANT 15 SECOND FIX THAT MAGICALLY APPEARS OUT OF NOWHERE?

I am sure both of you are alright guys and do the best job you can, and its not an easy one to say the least, but something tells me this came straight from the higher ups and it may be a sign of what the "official response" to this issue is gonna be.

there is no official response. THIS IS WHAT RGONE AND I TELL YOU TO DO AND YOU SHOULD DO IT.

enough already. If you cannot listen to simple instructions then you should demand your money back for the board and buy something else that will give you less problems. Otherwise, stop talking and listen to what we say and understand why we told you to do it.

RGONE AND I ARE NOT ENGINEERS

RGONE AND I ARE NOT BIOS WRITERS

RGONE AND I ARE NOT BOARD DESIGNERS

WE CANNOT FIX YOUR PROBLEM.

OSKAR HAS bEEN HERE AND OSKAR KNOWS YOUR PROBLEM AND OSKAR HAS TAKEN A FEW BOARDS TO TRY AND SOLVE THE PROBLEM. WHAT ABOUT THIS IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

You have had DFI engineers working on it - and repeating the problem. Suddenly they are not, and we need to mail them? Come on, thats just poopy. I cannot believe it is being downplayed like this.

who said they were repeating the problem? I have not heard that. Send me any email/correspondence that shows this.

Who said they are not working on it? I don't have a clue what they are working on in taiwan. We have enough of a job to do over here. Don't you see a forum full of users needing help? Those are people that Rgone and I can help with. YOu guys in this thread we have helped as much as Rgone and I can help you.

Again, since you dont seem to understand plain english, I will explain it once again.

WE TOLD TAIWAN ABOUT THIS PROBLEM FOR YOU. OSKAR SHOWED UP AND ASKED FOR A COUPLE OF BOARDS. TAIWAN IS THE ENGINEERING/BIOS/DESIGN PLACE, NOT RGONE AND I. WHY DON'T YOU DO AS RGONE SAYS AND CONTACT TAIWAN AND DEMAND THAT SOMETHING BE DONE ABOUT THIS? CONTACT OSKAR AND DEMAND HE FIXES IT? RGONE AND I CANNOT HELP YOU IN THIS BECAUSE WE CANNOT FIX IT. WE HAVE CONTACTED ALL THE RIGHT PEOPLE. WHETHER THEY FIX IT OR NOT IS NOT UP TO RGONE AND I. WHAT IS IT THAT YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT THIS?

Then contact the people we told you to contact and keep bugging them to fix it like we have continually bugged them since the issue was brought up.

If you speculate you are being brushed off without any conclusive proof then that is up to you to believe. I will not try to change your mind. I will tell you to do as Rgone says and contact the people he told you to contact and tell them to fix it for you.

If Rgone and I could fix it we would have fixed it and this would not be an issue. We cannot fix it. We are not engineers, we are not bios writers, we are not board designers. WE HAVE CONTACTED THE RIGHT PEOPLE FOR YOU. THE BOARD DESIGNER CAME AND TOOK A COUPLE OF YOUR BOARDS TO TRY AND SOLVE THE ISSUE. WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND THAT RGONE AND I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING WE CAN FOR YOU AND IF THE ISSUE IS NOT RESOLVED THEN YOU NEED TO CONTACT THOSE THAT CAN FIX IT FOR YOU AND MAKE SURE THEY UNDERSTAND YOU ARE NOT GOING AWAY UNTIL IT IS FIXED?

for those of you who think that I do not actually work for DFI, please see this:

bizcard1.jpg

and then call my boss @ 1-510-274-8000 and ask them if Robert (Rgone) and I actually work for DFI USA.

since those of you that persist in continuing to throw a fit and say all sorts of things instead of actually listening to what I have to say, I am going to say this once and once only.

HERE IS THE ADDRESS TO CONTACT THE ENGINEERS/DESIGNERS/BIOS WRITERS IN TAIWAN THAT CAN FIX YOUR ISSUE:

[email protected]

CONTACT THEM. TELL THEM YOU HAVE A COLD BOOT PROBLEM AND EXPLAIN IT TO THEM AND EXPLAIN THAT YOU HAVE SOUGHT HELP IN THE FORUMS AND YOU CAN GET NO HELP BECAUSE THE EMPLOYEES THAT WORK THE FORUMS ARE NOT ENGINEERS, DESIGNERS, NOR BIOS WRITERS AND WE SUGGESTED THAT YOU THE CUSTOMER CONTACT DFITS IN TAIWAN TO GET THE ISSUE RESOLVED.

there will be no burying of this thread. It is getting locked and stickied and that is the last thing I can do to help you. I do not have time to go around and fool with all of you that might try to be foolish enough to make multiple threads complaining about my response. There is no other reply that I nor RGone can give you to solve your issue. This is the last thing I have to say about it.

If you are not happy with it, then contact the persons above and tell them how unhappy you are. But you will not interfere with our ability to do tech support at this forum. Get it through your head. Rgone and I cannot fix this issue for you. I am tired of repeating it to you over and over and over and i wont repeat it anymore.

If you are not happy with this response from me or Rgone then either

1. contact the address we gave you

2. contact your vendor or regional DFI office and demand your money back and move on to another board that doesn't have the problem that you have with the DFI board.

[email protected] = Taiwan, engineers, bios writers, board designers reside here.