Memory Question...

I'm not quite sure there is a such thing called "cheap TCCD", heh. Not like how Value VX is, there's not really a Value TCCD.

The average going rate for cheap TCCD is ~$200 USD.

I know you said you weren't OC'ing, but I think you and I both know that that's going to change as soon as you get a good rig up and going, lol.

Guilty... :rolleyes: hehe

Well maybe... depends if this board gives me ulcers or not when i finally get to build this system.

you got all the good parts from what your sig says...i'd say don't skimp on memory and get something with true BH-5 or UTT, or you can go for some decent TCCD...I prefer the 250-ish FSB @ 2-2-5-2 on a high multiplier cpu (11x or better) myself

Off hand, can someone throw some brand/model names at me that are known BH-5?

I'd like to review all my options before I buy.

This "buying a part or two every payday" is easier on the wallet, gives me lots of time to do required research, but the waiting is making me insane :drool:

Winbond has started distributing the New BH dies. So far the known sticks that use these ICs are:

OCZ Gold DDR PC-3200, Model OCZ4001024ELDCGE-K

Twinmos Speed Premium PC3500

G-Skill PC3200 (2,2,2,5) F1-3200BWU2

(from the extreme overlocking fourms)

I cant find any Crucial Ballistix listing of pre-tested dual channel packs... anywhere. That's no good.

That's because Crucial doesn't do that. They have enough confidence in their quality control that they say any two matching DIMMs will work together in dual channel mode. I haven't heard of anyone having any trouble with this, so I'd take them at their word.

They do advise that you order both modules at the same time, though.

Thanks everyone for your help :)

Found out for sure my Mushkin Promo is Bh-5, so I'll be getting TCCD this time around. I'm liking the idea of lower volts, and it never hurts to have 2 different kinds of chips if one should have to troubleshoot.

Still deciding between the OCZ Plat rev2, Patriot +XBL, and the Mushkin LII V2.