Memory Question...

What's best for stability at stock pc3200 speeds? BH-6, TCCD, any others? I'm kinda green in this area...

I'm looking at getting 2 x 512mb sticks that'll run 2-2-2-5 and I wont be OCing at all.

I've been spoiled by my old 2 x 256mb Mushkin pc3200 Promo Gold (I think it might be bh-5, but not sure). I'd like to get a gig of something just as reliable and compatable for my new board.

Any suggestions?

TIA

If no OC'ing and you want 2-2-2-5, get some TCCD...you can run low volts [don't have to worry about heat from MOSFETs / switching the jumpers] and they're generally the same price as BH-5 ram.

GSkill LE's are great, of course any OCZ TCCD is great, [fanboy] the Patriot XBL's are great [/fanboy], and as Senor Demo said, the Ballistix is good too.

JUST STAY AWAY FROM CORSAIR! :D

With the Ballistix PC3200 the stock timings are 2-2-2-6. I don't see any problems with doing this even with the Ballistix PC4000 if you want to stay at 400MHz and run tighter timings of 2-2-2-6.

Ballistix Page

Hope this helps. I am trying to be unbias so if any others have other options please post.

Thanks for the replies :)

I'm an old Crucial fan from years ago, so I'll definately check on that.

magg I notice you're running the very same memory I was considering on getting.

Care to give me an idea on how stable that tccd is working for you?

Any probs getting to 2-2-2-x?

I guess I'm worried about getting something that's tweaked for high bus speeds, but the manufacturer might have sacrificed some stability/reliability at stock speeds to get there. I've got important databases to handle almost every day so I cant afford any hiccups.

Runs like a charm at 2-2-2-5... when I first booted, it would show up as 2-3-2-5, but a quick change o' the bios, and voila...running as it should. These things OC like mad... I saw someone the other day hit 346MHz with this ram [3-4-4-10], thats ridiculous... I've taken mine to 300MHz at 2.5-4-3-10, but I can't figure out how to get it stable. It's very nice RAM, and I've been very pleased with it.

Definately on my "recommend list" for TCCD :D

I know you said you weren't OC'ing, but I think you and I both know that that's going to change as soon as you get a good rig up and going, lol.

Another TCCD I may point out is the OCZ Rev. 2 TCCD...I was talking to someone today that hit 300MHz at 2.5-3-3-6 with only 2.6-7V!! That's very good...may want to look into those too.